• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Racing-Steering Relocator, not just for the mountains

I have a tall windshield and the relocator and my stock hand guards hit the top of the windshield when I turned all the way. I bought a set of skinz hand guards from Royal Distributing and no more interference.

Natedawg, thanks for the info? How tight are the cables with that setup, or did you get longer cables ?

Toomanytrees, what part of the stock handguards hit the windshield, the ends I'm presuming, or closer to the brackets ? How much did they hit? The mid height windshield is ~3" shorter, you think that would allow the stock guards to clear?

Appreciate all the feedback.

I have stock steering and it started to squeek, is that from the bushings or is there a grease nipple in the steering? I am considering buying this relocator

SnowFX said:
I have stock steering and it started to squeek, is that from the bushings or is there a grease nipple in the steering? I am considering buying this relocator

There are no grease nipples for the steering, the oft relocator uses Oilite bushings, very high quality as the stock ones are pretty cheap and wear out fast.

birdmayon said:
Natedawg, thanks for the info? How tight are the cables with that setup, or did you get longer cables ?

Appreciate all the feedback.

no all stock cables, i also have K&N's on my sled so without having the airbox in there I have lots of room for routing the wiring from the handlebars, and the throttle cable has plenty of slack to run probably a 4 inch riser but I feel that even 2" with the relocate is plenty high for me (im 6'2") anything higher I would think Im riding with ape hangers. also I think if I wasnt running with the 2"riser there might me some clearance issues running the tall windshield and the stock handguards but Ive never even tried it without the rox riser on there.

I think it was 1 or 2 inches from the end. I was going to cut out 1/4 of the mounting bracket and weld it back up, but I decided to try the skinze set up and it worked.

The interference wasn't much, so I would expect a medium windshield would be fine with the stock guards.

Back