• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ohlins EC solenoid!

flyingpig

Expert
Has anyone replaced this solenoid and if so how was the solenoid removed. It looks like you could just use something thin to get under the cap and pry it out! Has anyone updated this themselves and if so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have replaced mine, but only to find out that the ECU was defective. When you pry on the top, it cracks off. It is held into the shock body with a c-clip, or snap ring. You have to break off the top to get to it. Then I drilled a small shallow hole in the body of the solenoid and threaded a screw in it to have something to pull on. I then slid a thin feeler guage around it to compress the snap ring and it pulled right out. There are testing proceedures in the service manual. PM me if you need any more information.

Leaddog, my dealer ordered that part because the wire was broken due to ice buildup. Yamaha gave me the new part but won't pay for dealer to do the fix. I think the solenoid is fine. So I may just patch the wires back together and save the solenoid for the future. Did you take you skid out to do your repairs?
Thanks

I have replaced mine last week and had to do the exact same thing as Leaddoog explained but had no broken wire and lucky me it was the solenoid that was defective.Everything is Ok :-o

Back