• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Old guys on Winders

52 here . Started on the old polaris colts in a field then My first sled was a hand me down gpx 338 that one of my older brothers race sleds. Seems they always put me on the modded stuff ....

Only a couple of days away For you Pete. Happy 64th Birthday to you Pete!

Enjoy all you can while you can my friend.
Dennis what is the date of your B-day? Mine was the 16th 1955,i am now getting all sorts of invites to buy supplication insurance to medicare for upcoming 65th,man what a pain in the butt,Marion has had Martins Point for the last 12 years,as she turns 74 Aug.16th.

Dennis what is the date of your B-day? Mine was the 16th 1955,i am now getting all sorts of invites to buy supplication insurance to medicare for upcoming 65th,man what a pain in the butt,Marion has had Martins Point for the last 12 years,as she turns 74 Aug.16th.

8/24 is mine Pete.

Shall send you a PM...

Geez, I'm 47 and it looks like anytime I want to hang somewhere where I'll feel like a young fella - it's this thread.....haha!
I'm just a young guy on a Winder!

LOL I guess I'm one of the young ones too at 46...

Just came across this post. I am 66, started riding in 1965 on a 64 Scorpion. Been riding ever since. Usually about 3,500 miles per year. 4,400 miles last year. Don’t think I have slowed down at all. Never any aches or pains, so I guess I am lucky. I only plan on stopping, when they stick me in the ground. I am on my 45th snowmobile, and 47th car. Sledding sure beats going to a Florida in the Winter.

Damn I was feeling old since I'm turning 40 in December, I think I will be quiet now LOL

I'm 32, and I think there aren't too many people my age that ride these sleds. Most of the people I know ride a Polaris or a Ski-Doo.

I like to be different though. I rode 1,500 miles last winter and I didn't see another Sidewinder like my 18 RTX SE.

Just came across this post. I am 66, started riding in 1965 on a 64 Scorpion. Been riding ever since. Usually about 3,500 miles per year. 4,400 miles last year. Don’t think I have slowed down at all. Never any aches or pains, so I guess I am lucky. I only plan on stopping, when they stick me in the ground. I am on my 45th snowmobile, and 47th car. Sledding sure beats going to a Florida in the Winter.

I do love that (Never Die) dragon like snowmobiler attitude BBW.

I too have much the same history with sleds but not quite 45 owned yet.

Started out on Allouettes and Polaris back in 1967, I was 12 and hooked on the sport. They had rentals at a new Mobil station back then. It was owned by my dad’s really good friend, Avit Dostie!

My relatives were also drawn to the sport. My uncle had some rear engine Cats, and then bought a 67 Sears snowmobile which had been bored out. Just couldn’t get enough by that point but then came the new (68-69) Cats. All aluminum, slide rail suspension and much bigger motors like the 22 hp Sachs, and that one got modded too!!!

RIP and thanks to all mentioned. But his son and I still ride and mod most of them. It’s a family tradition one could say.

Last edited:
Ha ha power to us over the hill gang,i caught the bug in 66 on a ski daddler.

I'm 32, and I think there aren't too many people my age that ride these sleds. Most of the people I know ride a Polaris or a Ski-Doo.

I like to be different though. I rode 1,500 miles last winter and I didn't see another Sidewinder like my 18 RTX SE.

In VT you'll see all 2-strokes mostly Yellow ones
In Maine you'll see mostly 4-strokes
In Rangeley Maine you'll see 60% Yamahas

Back