• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot carbide set up

Massrider33

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Nytro RTX
I have an 08 Nytro RTX and bought some ski doo pilot 5.7s for it. I ride all groomed trails. My question is what carbide set up should I run? I don't have any studs and it is a completely unmodified and non-updated nytro.

I run woodys 4 inch outside and 6" middle. Same sled, no studs as well. Worked good for me. Outside carbides last forever by the looks of them.

I ran the 4 inch slim jims woodies doolies in the middle and 4 inch on the outside works great for me

I run Begstrom Skeggs Triple-point carbides on both my sleds. Never have to worry about carbide for a long time and those suckers grip like no tomorrow and turns on pavement. Big plus in my book

I use shaper bars on my pilots as well 7.5" in the middle and 6" on the outside. I'm studded though also set the toe at 3/4" I have the spring pressure to be pretty aggressive as well but the sled handles awesome. very little darting but I know that is related to my setup i don't mind it cause when i go into a turn i want to know it is going to turn not push me into the rhubarb.

Thank you everyone. I'm leaning towards 6" down the middle and 4" on the outside. I will play with the toe and see what is best.

Woodys 6" in the middle and 4" on the outside also work for me. Like a different sled compared to stock skis

Back