• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ramp jumping MY fx nytro, pics/review

sedz

Extreme
Well I said I wouldn't ever hit a ramp again on my rtx...well i guess I couldn't help myself. Heres my little review as a rider, not as a spectator.

Setup: 10' tall scs superkicker set at 50' (for refference about 10-15 ft shorter then the toronto sled show). Also hit the 8ft comp ramp at around 35-40ft (baby gap).

Sled: Bone stock 08 rtx, floats at 110lbs.

MY review:
First of all it's a trail sled, not built for this sorta stuff and I don't reccomend doing this regularly on a stock nytro. This was my first time jumping the bigger and steeper (68degre launch angle) Superkicker ramp. I was hoping my first hit of this thing would be a smaller and safer distence. I should also point out that I do this for fun, essentially begginer level. Heres a few more things I learned rampin it again.

plus:
-motor is soooo smooth and responsive it makes it a little easier to judge speed commin into the ramp(critical)
-motor weight helps level the sled out in the air when hitting the steeper ramp(no air break needed).
-sled runs perfect in the air also, bogging in the air is the worst problem with other sleds i've ridden.

Minus:
-lots of weight in the front end compared to a 2 stroke, very noticeable on the comp ramp. Front end drops really FAST the second you let go of the bars(be real careful with no handers).
-Sled is heavy, landings are harsh (expected).
-Trail chassis (durability)
-I will hold off on listing broken/bent parts so no one gets upset. I think I realized part of the reason the pros remove their headlights. PM me if you want a rundown on what breaks or setup advice.

I was fortunate enough to catch the transition properly on all my jumps, no cases or over jumps which helped keep the sled together for the most part. This will be the first and last time i jump my rtx on the ramps, as they are getting dragged back to 70ft and 65 ft soon. Anyways I only got a few pics from my friend who was filming.

n293000716_1432724_742.jpg

Setup, superkicker on the left, comp on the right.

n293000716_1432715_8615.jpg

Me

n293000716_1432714_8356.jpg

Daranello said:
wiked, wish i had the balls to do that

haha ya i no me to that would be awesome.

I would maybe eventually work my way up to that but that is a strech. that would be such a blast. I think the biggest gap i have jumped was last year on my 08 nytro rtx and it was 20-25 feet. snow take-off and landing. I hit it 4 times first time was a little short (good thing we made a half table top and added about 5 feet of extra snow to the front of the landing otherwise i might have needed to do a little fixing of the old rtx). but the other 3 times were perfect.

darren

fxnytrortx3 said:
Daranello said:
wiked, wish i had the balls to do that

haha ya i no me to that would be awesome.

I would maybe eventually work my way up to that but that is a strech. that would be such a blast. I think the biggest gap i have jumped was last year on my 08 nytro rtx and it was 20-25 feet. snow take-off and landing. I hit it 4 times first time was a little short (good thing we made a half table top and added about 5 feet of extra snow to the front of the landing otherwise i might have needed to do a little fixing of the old rtx). but the other 3 times were perfect.

darren

Nicee, you definatly need to work your way up to this sort of thing. It looks pretty easy when you watch someone who has it dialed hit it...as soon as u see someone screw up u will realize its serious stuff. If you overshoot the landing you are essentially dropping 30ish feet to flat and likely in for a hospital trip.

With ramps people are generally more intimidated because comming in it looks like you're heading at a 10ft tall wall with a 16 ft wall behind it if u come up short.

heres a pic to help get the scale of the ramp, thing seems alot bigger in person haha
n293000716_1423909_5593.jpg

Awesome!

I have been wanting to hit our freestyle ramp with my nytro but have been afraid that it would split in two on the landing. I guess that is what my IQ mod is for.

You have a nice set up, I wish it was in my back yard, it looks like so much fun!

Dustin

Snoxracer242 said:
Awesome!

I have been wanting to hit our freestyle ramp with my nytro but have been afraid that it would split in two on the landing. I guess that is what my IQ mod is for.

You have a nice set up, I wish it was in my back yard, it looks like so much fun!

Dustin

Yeah I would keep the nytro off the ramps especially if you have an IQR. IQR will soak up the hard hits better and break fewer parts over time, its made for this stuff.

The nytro is capable of hittin ramps but it is less then ideal. In the same way that the IQR chassis is less then ideal on your typical trail.

Our setup will be rockin soon once the snocross/speed n style course gets finished. There is also a huge field to rip around in and 3 garages. My buddies place is pretty much paradise for sledders.

I'm just happy to be riding a sled again, let alone jumping. Got hurt pretty bad in a car accident in august and wasnt even sure if I would be able to.

What if anything did you do to the suspension for set up? Any aftermarket parts, or did you just dial it in stock? Wondering how it held if it was stock? Not that I am even thinking of trying that move. I would need a lot more :drink: and a hospital :tg:

sheetwright said:
What if anything did you do to the suspension for set up? Any aftermarket parts, or did you just dial it in stock? Wondering how it held if it was stock? Not that I am even thinking of trying that move. I would need a lot more :drink: and a hospital :tg:

Sled is bone stock, stiffest setting on torsion springs. Pumped my floats to 110 psi. Suspension is really soft for this type of riding, trail setup still. As for broken parts it held up ok for a trail sled. Hard landings eat up trail chassis so I was fortunate to land smooth on all jumps. Broke a few minor parts mostly bent parts and minor stress cracks on some welds. I was only able to find bends with the help of a strait edge and they aren't bad enough for me to replace, I'm not that picky haha!

I would like to thank my sponsor O.H.I.P

Back