• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rear linkage play?

walter

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper LTX LE Turbo
2009 Nytro XTX
2002 SRX 700
alright guys, I may not be 100% what the part is called but its the black bar that runs on each side of my rear shock. I took the sled for a ride today and I heard like a metal rattle in the skid. did some digging and figured out that this rear linkage, or what I believe to be the linkage has some slop play in it. Like I said it runs on both sides of most rear shock, bout 15 in or so by 2 in roughly. Anyways is this supposed to be loose and have play? haven't tried to tighten yet only because I cant find any info on this topic. Help me out boyz! oh and its a 15 viper ltx

oh and I also tightened my limiter straps prior to the season. not sure if that may of had an effect?

did you try to tighten at all? anything you have done that has made it better?

so its just one of them things then we just have to put up with?

thanks a lot guys! I think the only reason I heard it was because I wasn't wearing a helmet and never noticed in the past!

Back