• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Unable to tighten sled track

Robi

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1 mountain
Hi Guys

I’m trying to tighten track on a 03 RX1 that I bought last year that had a new track put on. I have loosened the bolts on the rear axle and tightened the 14mm bolts through the track window but it is still 2-3 inches on play in the track? Any help on this?

Thanks in advance

by bolts, i hope you mean the big nut that holds the rear wheels on. had to smack it with a hammer before it would move with axle nut loose. is the rear axle all the way to the back of the slots on the rails?

by bolts, i hope you mean the big nut that holds the rear wheels on. had to smack it with a hammer before it would move with axle nut loose. is the rear axle all the way to the back of the slots on the rails?
Yes I listened the 17 and 19mm bolts on the rear axle then tightened the 14mm nuts on the adjuster as tight as they would go to tighten the track. And yes the rear axle is as far back as it can go.

No broken parts that I can see? So what’s my next move? Lol

No broken parts that I can see? So what’s my next move? Lol

Are you sure it all all the way back in the slot on the rails? Can you attach pictures? Hard to beleive the track has 2 t0 3" of sag even stretched out.. LOL

Was it studded?

might have a 128 track on 121 skid without the extensions and po might have had big wheel kit that was removed.

Are you sure it all all the way back in the slot on the rails? Can you attach pictures? Hard to beleive the track has 2 t0 3" of sag even stretched out.. LOL

Was it studded?

Frick it won’t even let me send a pic says it’s too large of a file

Was it studded?
No not studded

So I found the receipt to the track and it is a 151x15x1.25 not 121x15x1.25 like I’m guessing it should be?

yup that might be the issue. is it the sled in your signature?

Here is a pic of the axle in the further spot

Attachments

• AF259131-937A-40A4-9A2B-8109F20B2AC9.jpeg
    AF259131-937A-40A4-9A2B-8109F20B2AC9.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 119

Back