• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rear shock leak

gitrdun

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Attak
I lowered the rear suspension to remove the other 47 parts to install a temp guage and mtn cooler recently on the 2009 xtx, and while the back end was up in the air, I noticed a small amount of oil had dripped from the rear shock onto the inside of the track. When I grab the back end of the xtx, now that I have it back together, I am able to push the back end up and down with fairly little effort, especially down till it bottoms out. Could someone try pushing down on theirs and tell me if this is normal, or does my shock need replacing?

I did just make the front and center suspension adjustments that sj recommended, that wouldn't have anything to do with being flat in the back end, would it? In fact, if I push the back bumper down, the back end does not come back up without me lifting it. If I have to replace the shock anyway, what is recommended? 600 easy miles is not very good service out of the original shock.

gitrdun said:
I did just make the front and center suspension adjustments that sj recommended, that wouldn't have anything to do with being flat in the back end, would it? In fact, if I push the back bumper down, the back end does not come back up without me lifting it. If I have to replace the shock anyway, what is recommended? 600 easy miles is not very good service out of the original shock.

It sounds like it just need rebuilt. You likely had a seal go. $30 plus the seal and you should be good to go again.

Thanks for the advice. I actually found someone tonight locally who is an expert at the rebuild so it should be taken care of real soon.

Back