• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear skid shock flip

Bahr05

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'09 Nytro XTX
I saw that weldion's ttx has the shock flipped up on his nytro. Is this as simple as taking it apart, flipping it, and putting it together again? Id like to do that with mine so it doesn't keep rubbing the track. Not sure why Yamaha decided that .01" of clearance between the shock and track was good enough anyways... [emoji53]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414232192522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414232192522.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 80

Yes. It's just to flip it. But for the TTX shock you have to remove one wheel and add a spacer instead of the wheel bering.

I'll have to check that out. I'm putting polaris wheels in this fall, along with DuPont slides. So I'll have the skid out anyways

I'll have to check that out. I'm putting polaris wheels in this fall, along with DuPont slides. So I'll have the skid out anyways
Why do you have to pull the skid? The sliders can be removed in 10 seconds using the windows and putting it in reverse. Just undo the front screws and tap the sliders back until they're just out of the windows then start it up and put it in reverse (holding brake lever and easy on the throttle). Then just tap new ones in through the windows. 15 minute job...

Yeah that's what I normally would do. But i want to go through the whole thing. Bushings, idlers, slides, limiter straps, etc... ~4500 miles and only thing changed has been slides. Plus I'm gonna flip that shock over too

Back