• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rocz Smart Supply to power phone for GPS

AXR

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Current: 2017 SideWinder L-TX LE

Past: 2015 Sr Viper R-TX SE, 2008 Apex RTX, 2002 Sx Viper, 1997 XTC 600, 1991 Doo Formula Plus.
2yl8qw2.jpg

Anyone putting one of these on their sled? If so is it plug and play for the winder? What does it connect to? I'm looking for a solution to plug my phone in so I can use it as a GPS w/out it going dead.

The 12v cigarette socket is going to be used with my RideLite. The cat connector by the chain case will be used either for a heated shield cord or when not using the shield my blue led lights. So I either have to use one of them cigarette Y cables or go w/ the smart supply (maybe)

Also if anyone wants to know how I plan to keep my phone safe I am using this case:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YFCFN24

91SbI1PgSNL._SL1500_.jpg

91l5N0p4EJL._SL1500_.jpg

Phone is fully sealed in the case. It uses gold contacts to the mount to change the phone. I also got the AMPS adapter plate so that I can attach it to the bars with a RAM Diamond mount.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUVZ1FQ

I've used these products exclusively for about the past 10 seasons. Zero problems, great products. Everything stays connected when bouncing down the trails. I'm replacing the cigarette lighter with one of these outlets, then adding a "Y" splitter for my GPS and my GoPro.

http://www.powerlet.com/products

Rock Smart Supply connects to lighter outlet which is switched on Vipers. Works great. You also can get a t for the stock accy plug.

Just wired mine up for same purpose. Easy as can be. For viper and I would assume sidewinder it wires right in line with cigarette adapter. Plug and play. I'm also wiring in my Sentinel LED's through through RCA port so they are keyed.

Thanks everyone.

Im interested in that thing AXR

but let me say...you can take the 2 prong accessory port...run a lead up to the handlebars to a handlebar bag...cat sells a triple splitter 2 prong...you can buy 2 prong leads cheap enough...but I'll run my heated shield off one...a heater for my handlebar bag and maybe that thing also? If I can have a secure charge connection to the phone itself in the heated bag...just run the lead to that thing? or does it have to be bar mounted?

and whats a ridelite?

Has anyone found the two-prong lead on the SW? I wired up an extra 12v accessory port inside the hood cavity (under instrument cluster) and didn't see one. I stripped the wire going to the factory 12v outlet and soldered onto those.

but let me say...you can take the 2 prong accessory port...run a lead up to the handlebars to a handlebar bag...cat sells a triple splitter 2 prong...you can buy 2 prong leads cheap enough...but I'll run my heated shield off one...a heater for my handlebar bag and maybe that thing also? If I can have a secure charge connection to the phone itself in the heated bag...just run the lead to that thing? or does it have to be bar mounted?

and whats a ridelite?
http://www.communicationsafetysystem.com/home.php

Reactions: AXR

and whats a ridelite?

I don't see why you couldn't use it in a bag. The case uses a micro usb connector so make sure you're phone has that type. It would keep your phone safe and dry. I don't know how much bouncing around it would be doing in a bag. The only thing I could see happening is the micro usb coming unplugged from the bracket thing.
To reduce the space it takes up you can remove 1/2 of the back plate from the mount bracket. In the pic below you will see 4 screws that hold the AMPS mount plate there. On the std. model You would have like a strap there that would go on the bars (I don't know what I did with it so I can't show it). So remove the 4 screws and you will have 1 more screw underneath that is for the swivel. Remove that as well and there you go. I have attached a pic showing a Galaxy s4 in the case with all the little filler blocks set for it. Also showing a pic of a note4 on it, showing that even a big note4 will fit. NOTE the plastic hinge closer of the case is a bit flimsy so be careful with that. The side opposite of the closer hinge gets closed first then the hinged side. It kind of fits into a lil groove.

P1020002_zpszgcmblw2.jpg

P1020015_zpsz8cim8h7.jpg

P1020008_zpsnimsw2ov.jpg

P1020004_zpsfaasnccj.jpg

s4

P1020014_zps35zja4us.jpg

note4

As actionjack posted this is a RideLite: http://www.communicationsafetysystem.com/home.php

I set mine up with a ram mount and a keyed locking knob so it can't walk off.
20161008_165755_zpshaehledl.jpg

Back