• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Turbo

BlueByYou2000

Staff member
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
As most of you know, I have been researching Turbo options for alot of us RXers. Heres a little update.

Benders Kit will run in the low $4000 range
MC Xpress is in the High $4000 range
MPI- Supercharger still isnt available..and may not be

There is another company who is working on a Turbo that will develop the same HP, be underhood mounted and cost almost half of the others. Be patient. As progress is made, ill keep you posted...BBY

Hauler, Bender has raised there prices. They sold 73 units last year total. Of those 73, appx the first 15 were sold at the $2500 range. Since then, they have went up dramaticaly. The claim was they were not making any money on the first ones sold. Hang tight for awhile. Good things are in the future...BBY

Bluebyyou2000,I understand the turbos they are using are garrett turbos,does anybody know what model garrett they are using?and what the cfm is? I will be installing a turbo on my sled this summer,I would like to have a aerodyne but the company is not dependable from what i have seen,a lot of broken promises,so it looks like i will have to go with a garrett,but what model,i had a aerodyne on a 1050 cat a few years back,but a lot of problems with a 2 stroke.

LICKETY SPLIT

Weda re currnetly woring on a turbo kit. I'm going to start a weekly post in may to update the status. Everyone will be happy with the cost and the HP on the kit!!! Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!

The original Bender units used the Aerocharger which is self lubricated. The Garrett needs a oil tank and pump so it's allot more complex and expensive :shock:

I did an close up & personal look at the Bender kits this weekend. The quality of the welding & fabrication is outstanding. The compressor & oil tank module is very compact & trick looking. The two intercoolers are very nice also. I also examined an installed & functional unit, the fit of the components is very good mountings appear to be very strong & well thought out. I examined this rx1 for an hour & don't see any issues that would prevent this turbo kit from being a fully capable trail unit. Every one can keep debating the diff between the kits that are available, or the ones that "will be available this summer" yea right. I going to buy a Bender unit, anybody who wants more info contact me. BBY whats happening, haven't herd from you in awile?

Fox it all depends on how much boost you have, the higher the boost the higher octane or less compresion you need. The stage1 kit from bender is reg pump gas.

mxz900,i didnt see any intercoolers in the previous pictures of the bender unit,were did they put them,i was leaning towards the swedish kit because they did use the intercoolers,i had the aerocharger turbo on my mxz but without intercoolers it didnt make much power when temps were warmerthen -10 celcius or 28 farenhiet.if it was cold though it worked well.really really well!

The stage 2 Bender has 2 intercoolers. A snow to air cooler under the tunnel and a air to air cooler under the hood. Dynotech stated that the charge air temp was almost reduced back to room temperature when they dynoed this setup :!:

Back