• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Saggy back half of sled

Dodge Ram

Expert
I just looked at my sled and it is sitting in the two rods on in the rear. I lifted it up and it dropped some. When I push it down which is very easy it stays down. Everything is lubed up. Is the back shock bad??

If so where is everybody sending their shocks for repairs>

I've been messing around with my suspension all winter trying to get it tuned in. Gets a bit frustrating actually. Mine did the same thing till I tightened up the front shock in the skid. Now it's a bit to stiff though. Still settles a bit but not as much as it did. Caused me more grief now in the powder though with trenching and also won't corner worth a darn. Just pushes threw the corners when there's lots of loose snow. Gets tough when you have to carve threw the corners on a somewhat groomed trail.lol..

Ryan

Dodge Ram said:
I just looked at my sled and it is sitting in the two rods on in the rear. I lifted it up and it dropped some. When I push it down which is very easy it stays down. Everything is lubed up. Is the back shock bad??

If so where is everybody sending their shocks for repairs>

This might be a stupid question but is the front of sled up on dollys when your pushing down ?

Yes it is still on the dollies Nytro Nork. It's coming off the front dollies today so I can install the skid plate. I just want to know quickly as I'm trying really hard to put the sled bacl together so I can head up north. Just found a broken grease zerk also on one of those two parallel rear struts. If something is really wrong I don't want to beat it up anymore and get it fixed so I can go up next time.

mx1500 said:
mine does that, when u get off it wont rebound, and stays down unless u lift the bumper up. im assuming it needs re-valving

Mine does the same, I thought it was kind of strange. If I lift the back up it stays up and actually looks how a sled should. Then it literally takes the weight of my finger and it sags back down again and looks like a drag sled. I would think when I'm riding this is not good as non of the bumps are getting sucked up. New to the nytro, only 300 miles so still getting used to it.

Can I adjust the rear sups. to correct this or thats just the way it is?

Dodge Ram said:
Yes it is still on the dollies Nytro Nork. It's coming off the front dollies today so I can install the skid plate. I just want to know quickly as I'm trying really hard to put the sled bacl together so I can head up north. Just found a broken grease zerk also on one of those two parallel rear struts. If something is really wrong I don't want to beat it up anymore and get it fixed so I can go up next time.[/quoTh

The reason i ask if its on the dollies is because when i first got my sled it was summer time. I had the skis on the dollies and nothing under the track when i pushed down on the rear grab bar the sled bottomed out would not come back up. I thought my suspension was shot. Turns out for some reason when it was bottoming out was because i had nothing under the track. I know it sounds crazy but i also have a buddy with a brand new cat that was having the same thing happening to his. He panicked when he thought his brand new sled had suspension problems. I asked if he only had the ski dollies under the sled and he said he did. Told him to remove them and sure enough problem solved. I have no idea why this happens but it just does..lol. Im not sure if this is whats wrong with yours but if you dont have the rear dollie under there im guessing it might be it.

Back