• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SD30 code finally solved

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
Last couple of rides my sled would blink SD 30(oil pressure reduction) along with the oil icon blinking red after a lake pull. The sled would shut down and coast to a stop from 100mph plus. Started right back up and ran like nothing was wrong. Trail riding was fine but as soon as I pulled a long lake run it would shut down. Yes oil level was fine. Took it to my dealer and he hooked it up to his computer and confirmed the code with a few more that were stored. Tors,headlight and cluster not working, shift failure. All of which happened only once. I think the headlight and shift problem were frozen relays. My dealer called the Yamaha tech and they figured it was a bad pressure sender. This sled also has a pressure switch right next to the sender under the primary clutch. New pressure sender installed problem solved. Thank you extended warranty and thank you to a great dealer. The pressure sender was over $220. It isn’t fun pulling out way ahead of your riding buddies on a lake and then having them blow by you when you are coasting to a stop. They all had a good laugh.

Same issue my winder had last season before i had put 500 miles on it. If I recall there are 2 oil related sensors on it, dealer did 1 and 100 miles later it had same codes again, took it back in, they did the other and the oil pressure issue was fixed. Now coolant leaks, that's another story lol

Back