• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2013-14) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

Yellowknife said:
MadMax said:
Allen, you really "DO" go where no man has gone before........... Those trails are tight. Keep those entertaining vids coming. MM. ;)!

ahaha, i try to at least! often getting myself into the trouble you've seen...

Next video will have things take an unexpected turn, even for me... gulp!

Cheers,
YK
Well? How long are you going to make us wait.....Oh the suspense..... :jump:

03RX1-ER-LE said:
Yellowknife said:
MadMax said:
Allen, you really "DO" go where no man has gone before........... Those trails are tight. Keep those entertaining vids coming. MM. ;)!

ahaha, i try to at least! often getting myself into the trouble you've seen...

Next video will have things take an unexpected turn, even for me... gulp!

Cheers,
YK
Well? How long are you going to make us wait.....Oh the suspense..... :jump:

X2
I have been waiting very impatiently

OK, here we go folks... things are taking a serious turn...

2014 Snowmobile Season: Episode Six: Viper Troubles HD (720p)

Video Description: The remainder of our weekend at Hearne Lake Lodge, temperatures dropping to -39 C, an explanation of why Greg and the Bearcat are missing so much this season, the first cold weather starting test of the Viper, a fox sighting on the ride home, getting the Power Wagon ready for the ride home at -42 C and dealing with operating equipment in frigid temperatures causes a fight between family members...

Cheers,

YK

Truly amazing. When we hit -40 around here, we tend to just hunker down. Going for a ride is not top of the list. Obviously in your region you have to be prepared for it, or you won't have much of a season.

Is it true that the Viper has an AC EFI system? I was under the impression that EFI and mapping was provided by Yamaha. At least on the Yamaha versions anyway.

It will be interested to see what options you have to remedy this.

Thanks again for the great video! Good to see you getting the girls out on a trip as well. Any 2-up seat options offered for the viper other than third party seats? That is one thing nice an easy about the SkiDoo sleds and seat options.

biffdotorg said:
Truly amazing. When we hit -40 around here, we tend to just hunker down. Going for a ride is not top of the list. Obviously in your region you have to be prepared for it, or you won't have much of a season.

Is it true that the Viper has an AC EFI system? I was under the impression that EFI and mapping was provided by Yamaha. At least on the Yamaha versions anyway.

It will be interested to see what options you have to remedy this.

Thanks again for the great video! Good to see you getting the girls out on a trip as well. Any 2-up seat options offered for the viper other than third party seats? That is one thing nice an easy about the SkiDoo sleds and seat options.

It is my understanding that the physical injectors are Yamaha parts, but the mapping and software is Arctic Cat's. So Yamaha will have to work with AC on this one, at least to begin with.

There is a 2-up seat offered by AC/Yamaha. Doubling on the stock seat is no problem though if your passenger and you are small enough. The 2-up seat offered requires the accessory bumper.

I'll see if Yamaha can chime in on the fuel injection question.

OK Allen, On my 05 vector and my two riding buds 08 vectors when it's below Zero the dash lights and the head lights will not come on.........It takes up to 5 minutes.. It's just the way it is.... As far as the not starting thing that's "GOT" to be cured.. It could be a matter of life and "DEATH" Just how cold is -39c ?? Another great vid.. MM.

MadMax said:
OK Allen, On my 05 vector and my two riding buds 08 vectors when it's below Zero the dash lights and the head lights will not come on.........It takes up to 5 minutes.. It's just the way it is.... As far as the not starting thing that's "GOT" to be cured.. It could be a matter of life and "DEATH" Just how cold is -39c ?? Another great vid.. MM.

Arctic Cat's electronics don't work that way. So the headlights go on no matter what. Tail light as well. But I'm familiar with what you reference on my Nytro's ;-). As far as the dash, its a lower quality screen, so it just takes awhile for the alphanumerics to display. The dash does in fact light up, just can't read or see much on it, only see the backlights. I end up timing that out in a future video.

Stay tuned - there's plenty more to come. Next video will be up by this coming Sunday night.

Cheers!

MadMax said:

-38.2 Fahrenheit.

ApexSE/Vector said:
MadMax said:

-38.2 Fahrenheit.

-42C starting his truck is -43.6F

I've heard that at some point they come together......... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm That's "COLD" .......................................................................... Period ! :o|

MadMax said:
I've heard that at some point they come together......... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm That's "COLD" .......................................................................... Period ! :o|

-40 Celsius = -40 Fahrenheit

biffdotorg said:

This is direct from Chris Reid at Yamaha;

"The ECU is AC the EfI system is Yamaha same as Nytro. The magic is in the mapping. Viper ECU System is made by Synerject and mapped by AC engineers with some collaboration. Cheers cr - See more at: http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/2014/ ... /#comments"

Back