• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shock not in perfect center of a-arm

I hit a big rock last night 2 mins from home on right side my ? is if i bend it back will the spindle be back at right angle because rt is like straight up and down and lt spindle is way tilted could some one post a pic of how to put 2x4 in to straighten just ran out in garage to take a look at it again before going to work I think the left shock moved closer to front of aarm the left spindle is sittng way back and rt is straight up and down

Insert a bar between the arms and put your foot on top of the ski behind the spindle then pull toward the rear of the sled. This is a temporary fix. Eventually it will bend back if you don't reinforce it.

http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss33 ... 1QQtppZZ16
DSC04324.jpg

What should a guy do to reinforce it? Or what has worked for others?

what about the angle of the spindles it's not perfect but I think its rideable I mean we have snow now could be gone next week

Same problem on my 2011 XTX. Noticed yesterday that my right shock wasn't centered in the A-arm and immediately hit the panic button that I had a bent subframe. Only problem is that I have hit nothing since the sled was new that could possibly have bent this frame (and of course being an '11 its the latest possible design from Yammi). So to just be sure today I pulled off all of the body work and looked over the frame from front to back, top to bottom, and then measured six different points criss-cross on the bottom the check to see if its still square, and its dead nuts perfect with no visible signs of damage. I put the prybar between the upper & lower a-arms like shown above and pull the arm back. I really think that the upper arms are the weak link in the front suspension and probably by design. Its easier and cheaper to straighten or replace an upper a-arm than the front frame. Also, if the front subframe was bent, I would think that you would see problems on both sides of the front suspension, not just right or left? Just my thought.

I see how your bending it back, I hit frozen groomer tracks in the middle of a feild bucked me off my sled at 55mph. Im hurting bad but glad to be ok just banged up. And my left knuckle is bent more straight up and down than the other side, now i know its supose to have some sort of angle not straight up and down

most of these issues are common as i rubbed a small tree at 10 mph (very tight trail) riding with 09nytro and it stopped me almost in my tracks....

my subframe is bent (small crease in plate) my ski is back a good couple inches from the looks of it...

rode it another 300 miles that way like i stole it.

winter is almost over got all summer to replace it Im also gonna order grizztracks support plate for the subframe and also reinforce the upper and lower a arms (similar to apex or rx chassis) hopefully that will solve the issues that plague this sled...

jmo

Jammie

Yeah it sucks, I clipped a metal fence post with the side of my ski. It actually took a nice chunk out of the ski, it hit past the mounting bolt for the ski. Not going real fast and the soft snow sucked me into it. It didn't stop me but I looked down and could tell it was tweaked. One ski was pushed back and the spindle is more upright. Already had grizztracks gussets but not installed. Oh well getting a new frame and putting the gussets on it this summer. Hopefully ill be good to go after that.

Does there seem to be handling issues when the a-arms are bent?

I am just wondering why everyone is bothering to replace when they go out of wack so easy?

Try loosening the A arm pivot bolts, pushing the individual A arme forward or back - as needed - and retighten the bolts. Just the bolt clearance might be enough to get it back reasonably straight.

My friend, and I both have the right shock closer to the rear of the A arm. We've both looked our sleds over. My boss also had a 08 nytro brand new, never been on the trails...and he had the same thing. I'm thinking it's just a nytro thing. Ours all drive straight down the trail.

I also have this problem. I'm going to have to do some investigating. All good info. I love my Nytro and I love this sight. Thanks guys.

im going to grand marias this weekend this is the first trail ride since i straightened mine and will be a good test for it since the trails are going to suck.one last ride before its all gone .hope it holds up

Goodluck!

I was just in the garage i used the pipe method to bend it back a little bit, but then i realized looking at the Knuckle spindle whatever you want to call it, It was bent slightly in a U shape towards the sled.... debating if i should replace it before the summer or wait

Back