• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider Wear

pup55

Extreme
Hello All,
I have an 2011 Apex XTX and replaced sliders before season. I have put on about 500 miles and they are shot. Not just in one area. The worst spot is in the front and then the rear also has some good wear. What type of wheel kit shoulsd I get?
Thanks
Steve

Excell wheels all around and low snow wheel kit up front in the curve. Other than that, try white slides. Apparently they last longer.

Just get the new DuPont slides from Yamaha. From my experience the almost completely eliminate slide wear.

jaydaniels said:
Just get the new DuPont slides from Yamaha. From my experience the almost completely eliminate slide wear.

So the Excel wheel kit is not needed? Just put on the DuPont slides and that's it?

One did report a problem with the Duponts where the inserts fell out and were ruined. Could have been an isolated incident.

Mooseman said:
One did report a problem with the Duponts where the inserts fell out and were ruined. Could have been an isolated incident.

I've got 1,200km on my DuPont sliders with no issues so far

pup55 said:
Hello All,
I have an 2011 Apex XTX and replaced sliders before season. I have put on about 500 miles and they are shot. Not just in one area. The worst spot is in the front and then the rear also has some good wear. What type of wheel kit shoulsd I get?
Thanks
Steve

What kind of track and is it fully clipped / windows open?

Anyone have a source for these? The local dealer has yet to get them and even EBay dealers have dried up

I would order from anyone that had them in stock for a reasonable price.

Pats yamaha stocked them as of last week, but I think he said $65.00 a piece. I just ordered mine for $50.74

I installed Duponts on my Apex before I even rode it. So far, so good; very, very little wear in 800 miles. I would recommend these to anyone!

I'd also add an extra set of wheels need the back...I did on my nytro XTX and it can't hurt....also added a set to my 128" Apex

Back