• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider Wear

jaydaniels said:
Just get the new DuPont slides from Yamaha. From my experience the almost completely eliminate slide wear.

X2! They are hard to find but I was lucky to pick up a pair at a local dealer. 600 miles on them so far and no wear whatsoever! These are the real deal guys!

Blue Dave said:
jaydaniels said:
Just get the new DuPont slides from Yamaha. From my experience the almost completely eliminate slide wear.

X2! They are hard to find but I was lucky to pick up a pair at a local dealer. 600 miles on them so far and no wear whatsoever! These are the real deal guys!

This is not my experience, after 2000 km so far this year on my xtx, it is badly worn at the small rear idler wheel. Also, there is no limit-marking like the original ones.

larsd said:
Blue Dave said:
jaydaniels said:

This is not my experience, after 2000 km so far this year on my xtx, it is badly worn at the small rear idler wheel. Also, there is no limit-marking like the original ones.

You are the first person that I have heard say that they have not worn much better than the standard slides. Has anybody else had issues with the Dupont slides?

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... nt+problem

In that particular case, I wonder if an extreme low snow condition would have heated the Dupont inserts and melted the base plastic. Sure looks like that yo me.

I'll stick with tried and true 135mm wheels (Excells and Doos).

larsd said:
My standard slides was worn out after 800 km, so the duponts obviously are much better. But I was hoping they would last longer than 2000 km, because I drive about 6000 km(10 000 miles) in a good winter.

Although I have heard the XTX's are hard on slides, I am curious how tight you are running your track, and also if you think an extra set of low snow wheels in the trouble area would help?

Back