• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sloppy steering on my phazer

Mine does the same thing, my buddies nytro was the same way also. I can't notice it when riding.

Yep, known as Yamaslop. Search for replacement bushings and steering blocks sold by various advertisers here, specifically OFT Racing and UpBushman. While you're at it, check your balljoints (Crewchief47) and A-arm bushings (Ulmer Racing). You might also have ovaling of the ski mount bushings (UpBushman).

Most any brand of sleds do what ? get loose steering ? I would say no they do not. The way a steering system is designed and the parts used in the system is key to a long lasting durable steering system. I don't know about the apex or nytro but the PHAZER'S are manufactured using poor parts. OFT Racing, UpBushman, Ulmer racing, Crewchief's ball joints are all quality systems using quality parts. My 99' trail RMK is tight like new. No plastic bushings were used....... Blah blah blah, anyways.

Not to start an argument but 3 of my 'Cats have had it (Wife's '04 Z570 still does), the neighbors '06 & '07 600 Fusions, my buddy's '05 Skidoo 500ss is all the same way with some play in the steering.
1/2" of play is really nothing anyways, that's probally just the amount the steering is rotating on the joints. Just saying....

I gotta agree with 'chop. If there wasn't some slop I would be worried I bent or broke something. It's too many moving mechanical joints in the assembly to eliminate all slop. It's been that way on every sled I have ever owned.

well so i tore it down pulled the headlight airbox off and i found were the slop was comin from its were the tierods come down verticaly an slit to each ski just waiting on some bushing form the dealer see what happens

i wouldn't spend too much. you may just get the same plastic pieces thats in your sled now.

just make some bushings or order from anyone mentioned above to save the hassle of tearing apart again later.

Hey there kyleb400 this job is a waste for the stock junk to just wear out again. Check out the thread and do it once I learned the hard way and made this Kit.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=76976

well so i tore it down pulled the headlight airbox off and i found were the slop was comin from its were the tierods come down verticaly an slit to each ski just waiting on some bushing form the dealer see what happens

UP bushman said:
Hey there kyleb400 this job is a waste for the stock junk to just wear out again. Check out the thread and do it once I learned the hard way and made this Kit.

i wish i would of know about this earlier to buy the stock junk was just as much

kyleb400 said:
UP bushman said:

i wish i would of know about this earlier to buy the stock junk was just as much

There is lots of info on this site regarding this. Search is your friend :Rockon:

Good luck with your Phazer!

so i put the bushings and collars i ordered for my dealer and still sloppy and i know its all in that lower front area all tie rods are tight its better but not good when i turn my bars the whole thing pivots left to right maybe new bolts too?

Back