• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow flap

Unluckydiablo

Expert
Sorry if this has been covered, I did some searching and didn't find anything. I'm looking for a better/solution to the snow flap on the fx_nytro. The mountain flap is the same part number I believe, so I was looking for something that might hang lower and not end up sticking straight out (as if it doesn't exist for coverage on the person behind). People always ask not to ride behind me because its like getting pelted with a ice gatling gun. Any thoughts? Something that hangs lower/is wider is more or less what I'm looking for.

i dont have a diff flap but what i did was drilled a hole on each side on my flap a little lower than where the rivets are. i beleive there is a tab from the tunnel on each side and just put a couple 1/4-20 screws with nuts and washers. was a huge improvement. definately kept the flap down more.

One thing to note, be careful if you get a longer one. make sure its not to long where it will get sucked up if you go in reverse

Rgr that, I'm just sick of the people behind me getting pelted with ice. Next up is to tackle the problem of a block of ice building up under my rear flap/tunnel, and then dropping out and almost killing some one on the trail. Had that happen once already.

I guy we ride with has the very same problem on his Assault (it's even a better ice chucker with the Comp track) and so he's installing a piece of aluminum to the tunnel and then hanging the flap from that piece in order to extend.

Don't have any pics yet but could post once availible.

So this is what I have to look forward to on my new to me Nytro? Sweet...another reason for my buddies to stop riding to close. I just put a Cobra track on it and if it throws snow like it does on my XP they'll by far behind.

You would always just drill a few holes towards the bottom of the snow flap and add a piece of plastic or you can find mud flaps that are made for semis with a design on it cut it down to size and bolt/rivet it in place.

marsh14 said:
I cut mine off right at the ridge under yamaha because everytime I put it in reverse, my studs ate my flap.

True that, I'm on my 3rd flap this year and it hasen't even snowed yet! I was thinking of running a strap around my rear bumper, to the middle of my flap to keep it from becomeing a snack for the track. I also thought about the semi truck flap, it would be heavy enought to keep snow and ice down, but when you put her in 'R', I'm sure she'll be chowed. Hummm....

I just point out this to those who ride behind me if they say something.
I figured I'm covered now.
I hope you guys aren't looking on your sleds for this label.
:moon:

Attachments

• Dscn4471.jpg
    Dscn4471.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 53
fergdog93 said:
marsh14 said:
I cut mine off right at the ridge under yamaha because everytime I put it in reverse, my studs ate my flap.

True that, I'm on my 3rd flap this year and it hasen't even snowed yet! I was thinking of running a strap around my rear bumper, to the middle of my flap to keep it from becomeing a snack for the track. I also thought about the semi truck flap, it would be heavy enought to keep snow and ice down, but when you put her in 'R', I'm sure she'll be chowed. Hummm....

Cut an onld belt in half then attach one end to the bottom of the snowflap to keep it out and the other to the back of the tunnel.

Back