• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Split rail ski install questions

NH_Nytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
2007 Rs Vector
I picked up a set of split rail skis and am wondering if there is anything special I need to know for the install, looks pretty straight forward but they are telling me I will need some special Yamaha washers, where do these go and will another washer work in it's place?

It was some time ago I installed mine, but the kit was pretty complete. It did not require additional parts. Their diagram was pretty clear indicating where the new split rail washers go and the existing washers.

Let me know what you are referring to, or send a pic.

Ms

I basically bought these bare, they came off a 09 nytro split rail said I need to use Yamaha washer 9002-1052 just not sure where to use them.

would those be the washers used to shim the ski stance?

What year Nytro are you installing them on? I believe the 08's and 09's require different washers on the ball joint attachment to the spindle. My 09 has a washer above and below the lower ball joint and one below the user joint.

yamakazie would you mind Pm ing me a cell so we can text ? I have a few questions and that would be faster.

The washers they are talking about are used at the tie rod ends. When you remove your spindle save those two washers and reuse.

No these where bought used, they sent me some directions but it doesn't show a schematic, do you have one you can post?

Can't post it right now. Have to wait to get to the office to scan it in etc. Pm me your email, I have just taken a pic and will email it to you.
Ms

Back