• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Springs on control rods

I think the spring coils compress together about where the nuts would be creating a solid piece of metal stopping that but could be wrong. Thanks ill check into that

I think the spring coils compress creating a solid piece of metal about where the nuts would be stopping that. Thanks for the feed back ill check on that. I left plastic washers and all in. I was afraid of it stopping it to soon and not letting the skid move where it needs to

that is interesting, but being that the control rods are known for too much friction, by the time those springs scar the shafts, it will be unbearable. the star kit solves it all

Yea, I have a plastic sleeve to help stop scaring. And the spring will destroy threads. I feel the suspension can't get worse. The nytro feels like it is missing the top three inches of its suspension. with those springs it is right at the top. I feel the friction prevents the suspension from lifting and we try to crank up the springs and or get stronger torsion springs to lift it up. The springs push the tunnel up and forward aiding the torsion spring with the way it lifts to witch I feel helps with that friction. I know there is still a lot for me to work out but I'm liking it. I appreciate all of you guys thoughts its really making me
Think about this

So I took skid back out and checked every thing out. Springs are c48-187-128 closed and ground. Solid height is 2.048 I beleave I'm at the max put skid back in and with torsion springs flipped loose I still have some space between coils. So I'm comfident I can't hurt anything. Made new limiter straps out of bailer belt and left them off to see if springs would prevent shock mont from flipping over and bending rods and shock. I couldn't get it to flip over so hopefully that is a little bonus.
Max bumper height 23 1/2
Pushing down then its own lift 21 3/4
Me at 210 bouncing then sitting 20 1/4
Bottom out 12 7/8

Now to change oil spray it down and wait till next year for the big test
You guys have a good summer

Well. Finally got to ride 600 miles and loved the springs. They took out the little hidden bumps that were kicking me in the kidneys. As I checked frequently on the trail every thing looked great no moving around of the springs. My sled is still in my buddies trailer. I'll get it tomorrow and thaw it out and inspect. But I am sure all is well. My buddies rented skidoos and bottomed out a lot. As I followed one to compare kind of bump to bump I felt confident my suspension was performing as good or better. Very happy. I will report after I inspect

Well had the skid out and after 1600 miles all is well. Not even no damage to the threads. I'll give a report after this season

Do you remember the website where u found these Springs ?

Jones spring in Kentucky. I think. There is no website like this is an aftermarket mod at a bike shop. I seen the opportunity to add a little more suspesion in my opinion. I Feel it works good. But if you like a lot of transfer it takes away from it. If you want I can look up the springs again and I'll post it. I'm going to get the stainless and put in next summer or who knows maybe yet this year. I just got the regular till I new what was going to work. I figure they will probably weakin with all that abuse not sure. If interested Ill help as much as I can

Sure. I'm looking to get some of the sag out of it. Don't want to throw a bunch of money at it as I'm giving it to my wife and not sure if she will even like it.

Here is the spring facts. I can not remember all the details but you take skid out then take control rods apart. Just some E or C clips. Take the aluminum stop nuts off. Then I grinded some notches so springs wouldn't spin. Put on and used a ratchet strap to compress and reassembled

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 78
great idea. I like when people think outside of the box. How was your transfer with those springs in? I drive a nytro with mcx 270 turbo and i want my sled to hold its nose down(but still be able to wheelie if i want it to)

Back