• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stub shaft bearing.

Maybe we have a 850 Polaris situation here. That bearing could be pinned. But if the Green works and it seems to be. Thats what I will do when I do mine.

Like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 247
May as well order new bearings and seal. In my opinion this is not a part to cut any corners on. These are the ones for my Viper. I believe its same for Winder.
DSC01167.JPG

SxA6K9ml.jpg

OpZcMhyl.jpg

Bought a puller to have a look, (bent my last one) came off easy. Looks like I didnt install the clutch with the proper torque and clutch was slipping on shaft. Can anyone let me know what they think about the bearing or stubshaft moving or any thing else they see?

Has anyone removed a stub shaft from a '21 yet? I tried today... got it out as far as clearing the housing, but it seemed to get hung up on the splined part inside and i couldn't get it free

Has anyone removed a stub shaft from a '21 yet? I tried today... got it out as far as clearing the housing, but it seemed to get hung up on the splined part inside and i couldn't get it free
It will come your not pulling hard enough. What happens it come out part way then gets hung up on rubber seal, and since seal flex’s hard to break it free. Ideally need a slide hammer, you can make one using the clutch bolt and a big washer and piece of short heavy pipe. Or (I don’t highly recommend this..but works) put clutch back on and start bolt and leave about an inch out pull hard on clutch.

It will come your not pulling hard enough. What happens it come out part way then gets hung up on rubber seal, and since seal flex’s hard to break it free. Ideally need a slide hammer, you can make one using the clutch bolt and a big washer and piece of short heavy pipe. Or (I don’t highly recommend this..but works) put clutch back on and start bolt and leave about an inch out pull hard on clutch.

thanks!

I did use a large socket and washer as a slide hammer and was beating it pretty good, but no dice. Didn’t want to wreck anything!

Back