• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer TECH Contest DIY Steering Bushings

Do you know how many caps there are total? I have the bushings but didn't get the caps? Whats the extension trick? Do you slide the ext through and put a socket on and pull back? Tks again for all your help

There should be 8 Caps you will need to order them from Yamaha I see the call the washers now. Under SKI they are 35-36- 44-45 on the parts list.

kered said:
Do you know how many caps there are total? I have the bushings but didn't get the caps? Whats the extension trick? Do you slide the ext through and put a socket on and pull back? Tks again for all your help

I never used the extension trick

Why do they call these bearings on the Yamaha parts website for an 09 apex gt ? Just want to know what to order from the dealer

Step 13 the lower upper bushing's nuts are behind the wires and the nuts have black rubber caps on them to protect the wires. You will have to move the wires out of the way to get to the nuts. After that everything is the same as the one before. Just everything is toward the gas tank.
Do you have to do both the top and bottom bushings at the same time? I’m having trouble getting the back piece of the lower bushing out. Seems like I’ve got to undo the top one again so I can pull the bars ahead.
Thanks

Back