• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sylvania Silverstar headlights - Excellent on Apex

rock said:
The Sylvania Silverstar part # is 9003 and I picked mine up at Walmart. Put these in and set your sled next to one with stock bulbs and marvel at the upgrade. What makes it even more impressive is the fact that the stock ones aren't bad.

Question do I need the one with the dual element or two of the "fog" lite bulbs?????? per the local Auto Zone they show both and the are only $9.99 each does that sound right????

Tork said:
The worst thing about the 06 headlight is there isnt any overlap between high and low beam, hi is way up there. I was thinking a bulb with a little different focal point to the 2 beams could help with that.
Do the silverstars help that problem?

Not really, we have had the stars in our Gt for two years and they are well worth the $, but I still find myself flipping between high and low to see the blind spots.

I read some of you are paying $3.50 a gallon for gas that converts to $4.20 imp... per 4.5 litres of fuel per gallon.. get a load of this where paying $1.14 pr/litre xxxx 4.5 ltr/prgal =$5.13 pr/gallon imperial..Id stay at home..

Yes. I,m not sure if it is the same brand though.
For a pair you are looking at $20. Apair of Silver Star Ultras are ~$34. A lot betterlight from the Silver Stars. IMHO.
The Ultras seem to last longer than the regular SS.

Bigwin said:
I read some of you are paying $3.50 a gallon for gas that converts to $4.20 imp... per 4.5 litres of fuel per gallon.. get a load of this where paying $1.14 pr/litre xxxx 4.5 ltr/prgal =$5.13 pr/gallon imperial..Id stay at home..
:drink: :whore: :drink: :dunno:

Well, took everyones advice (majority rule) and put in a set of the silverstar ultras. $49 at auto zone, regular siverstars were $37. Part numbers were #9003 for the standard and #9003 or H4 for the ultras. Cant wait to try them at night. Sure are alot brighter white than the stock.

Thewhitedogg said:
Well, took everyones advice (majority rule) and put in a set of the silverstar ultras. $49 at auto zone, regular siverstars were $37. Part numbers were #9003 for the standard and #9003 or H4 for the ultras. Cant wait to try them at night. Sure are alot brighter white than the stock.

How do you like the Ultras? When I bought my silverstars they hadn't come out with the Ultras yet.

thanks,
-pure-

Back