• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle Controls

rbell14

TY 4 Stroke Guru
my wife has a hand injury that may require me to modify her throttle to a finger throttle vs. thumb. Anyone have some experience with throttle modifications that can point me toward some solutions?

Thought I could just flip the throttle lever to the front but it appears to be part of a larger set of controls.

Thanks guys, figured I would get some good direction here.

Royal Distributing in Ontario has a throttle lever available, I beilieve it can be positioned opposite the normal position and somehow operates the the existing throttle lever. Not sure if that ship to the States but I don't see why not.
I think it's called "throttle jockey" hope this helps

It may be dangerous to run it with your fingers..in a panic situation you cannot let go..with it out front..

Twist grip is good....but again ..control..

The turbo has softer spring..it is a coil spring in the SR..maybe you can deal with that..

To all the people who poo-poo a twist grip. Dont knock it till you try it. Back in the day, when sleds were, LESS COMPLICATED, ran a Magura twist, had MotionPro make a custom cable, loved it. Heated also. As far as a finger throttle, used to just spin the thumb one, 180, very comfortable. Look at what SkiDont is doing now with the FLIP throttle.

Back