• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To STAR or not to Star nytro XTX

looks good sprint cat. i think the star kit will be my ONE, mod next year! sucks i have a full hygear shock and spring package on the sled now. not sure how it will all work together. On a side note maybe im wrong but that bolt/nut on the top of the front skid shock shouldnt be bending the metal mount that holds shock eye. Not sure if it was like that when you got it or just got a little zealous with a wrench.

20160105_151417.jpg

That's how it looks from the factory!! What is the torque specks? maybe it's to tight. I snug ed it up all the way.now I am going out to look at it , u got me wondering. It might just be the angle of the picture

Last edited:
Sprintcat, I See the Mntn tech A arms on your sled too. I also have that and Star kit=> two best mods for nytro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they are referring to the stock spring. I got the replacement spring with my kit and right now it is at full preload and I'm finding it a little on the stiff side. I'm thinking about backing it off a little bit to match my riding. I stand 90% of the time so I find that my legs assist the dampening. I have only bottomed out the sled a few times in all the time I have owned it and each of those times I was sitting.
I do have to agree with you guys, the star kit with a set of Mountaintech arms is incredible! Along with a set of Curves skis and this thing is a beast! I couldn't ask for it to handle any better!

Back