• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To STAR or not to Star nytro XTX

All set on the front now . I pulled the trigger on the Mountain tech a arms. 43'' X 2''. now to get the Star kit ... next week MAYBE. any body have this same set up on a XTX???:sled1:

Yup...Twiz28 and I do.

I have the same set up... the sled is great...
Only last concern : steering effort
For the next season: I'll change my carbide combination ( 6 inch in/ out) to 6 inch in/ and 0 out).
and install Grizz steering relocation...

sprintcat..... I ran the star kit with a stock front end for a season and got it dialed in really well, I would suggest shortening the centre shock as suggested by star and using his shock revalving. For the money / results you can't beat his kit. The OFT relocate is a good item as is a taller seat.... in my opinion there's a lot to be said for proper set-up with the nytro and your riding style, it is very sensitive to changes and there's not really an across the board set-up that works for everyone, like with the apex / vector. it should be set-up for each individual rider (weight, riding style, etc....). this is just my .002

cheers

SprintCat,
I have a 2013 XTX and the Star Suspension kit was my 1st mod after riding one month. Before the following season I installed the Mountain tech a arms. 43'' X 2'' and know it's steers like it's on rails. It's a completely different sled with these mods and makes the Nytro all it should be.

Almost there guy's.

Attachments

• 20160115_184304.jpg
    20160115_184304.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20160115_184316.jpg
    20160115_184316.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 144
And this

Attachments

• 20160115_160038.jpg
    20160115_160038.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 20160115_160024.jpg
    20160115_160024.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 20160115_160015.jpg
    20160115_160015.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 135
Does any body know why the front bracket on the front shock has two holes in it ? The holes that look like the number 8!

Star star star! Honestly THE best single mod I've done. Taller seat, OFT plus new split rails are all $$$ well spent but the Star is the s**t

Yes at Roberts suggestion, and the shortening, as well as the revalve on both. Funny story.....when I finished, the front skis were on the doilies, and the track was flat on the garage floor, I pushed on the rear bumper, which promptly dropped 5" with almost NO effort, plus did not return up! Heart stop!

Called Robert and first thing he asked was the skis on doilies and skid flat.....completely normal.

What that highlighted to me was how soft( and turns out compliant) the rear of the skid will become after the mod. Amazing design

Did you run the spring preload all the way up ? Because it sounds like they are talking about the stock spring in the instructions. They say the spring is weak so run it all the way up, I got the aftermarket spring it's heavier. So I am not sure what to run it at

Heavier front shock spring. From Robert at Star. Mid position as far as preload. Rear torsion springs set soft

Back