• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TORS

YamaMTX

Lifetime Member
I know this has been discussed several times, would people be willing to put the link info for adjusting the throttle and tors?
My sled always hesitates when you mash the throttle and was wondering what the risks are if you bypass the system?

Thanks

You don't adjust the TORS feature but you do need to set the free-play in your throttle cable. There should be about 2-3mm of slack in the cable when you bars are in the home position.

To check the operation of the TORS feature you just need to wedge your fingers in between the throttle block and throttle at the pivot pin. This will keep the pivot pin from moving forward in the slot to activate the TORS switch. With the throttle supported in this fashion the engine RPM will be limited to something below the engagement RPM, which prevents the sled from moving. Give it a little gas and you should hear it sputter and fail to rev.

One risk to disabling TORS is that you could start the sled and have it race off at WOT. This would be both dangerous and embarrassing.

If the throttle is hanging up and not able to move freely in the pivot pin slot it could be causing the hesitation you feel. But being in Minnesota, it can also be the ethanol in the gas. Try some premium in your sled. I generally run a mix of regular and premium by topping off with the opposite of my last fill. This seemed to eliminate the stutter I felt on occasion.

Visual interpretation of Arteex's info:

Attachments

• Nytro TORS adjust.jpg
    Nytro TORS adjust.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 105
  • Nytro TORS test.jpg
    Nytro TORS test.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 181
YamaMTX said:
I know this has been discussed several times, would people be willing to put the link info for adjusting the throttle and tors?
My sled always hesitates when you mash the throttle and was wondering what the risks are if you bypass the system?

Thanks
the problem you are having most likely isn't the tors.when tors activate,it goes to a pre set sub engagement rpm,and you have to let the throttle return to idle for it to reset itself.so if you mash the throttle and it hesitates and comes out of it's not the tors,you got something else going on.

The sled has done the hesitation almost all of its life. It has happened in MI, MN, MT and has stayed consistent. I would say there is at least a quarter inch play in the throttle before you get resistance. Thanks for the info!

Back