• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

RX ROB said:
Why do you want the wrong belt on your sled? The Viper belt is the same as Nytro just different length. Not to mention its only $100 for the correct belt.

Rob is right! They took the Nytro motor and Nytro clutches and put the wrong belt on it! Sure glad we are putting the Nytro belt on the Nytro engine with Nytro clutches!

:jump:

Just trying to help.....I hope all you guys are making sure your C/C distance is spot on before doing any belt deflection adjustment. My sled out of the box was off 3/16" too far apart! big difference when working on belt deflection.

I'd be interested to see how the belt performs as far as holding rpm. I read on one of these posts that with the 8dn someone claimed rpm was a lot more consistent. With my stock belt out in the loose snow I can see a decent amount of rpm change, it'll jump from 8600 to 9000 then back down to 8500 and back up again. Doesn't hold a steady rpm when there is any track spin. I am getting a lot of belt dust from the stock belts. None of mine are worn out or need to be replaced but I have put on 2 new belts since I got the sled and both new belts after about 200-300 miles will really start to show a lot of belt dust. This last one I was especially careful in breaking it in. Just worked the throttle nice and easy for prolly 30 miles and never hardly went over 40 mph. It was a boring 30 miles lol but I wanted to make sure the belt was completely broke in right and now after my ride tonight I am still noticing some belt dust showing up so that's telling me the belt is slipping some and I'm loosing power somewhere. Hopefully the 8dn solves that as we have a couple brand new spare belts kickin around that we never needed for the apex or nytro sleds.

Hmmmm, I'm going to try this myself and see if initial take off improves. Only thing I see is if the 8DN belt is longer, top speed will be sacrificed.

But I'm curious also and will test on snow, then asphalt in the spring/summer/fall.

My top speed has actually increased. My belt before was not getting to top of primary. Now it is using more of the primary.

As mentioned some of us were not getting full shift out, not holding rpm and super hot clutches causing belt failure. The 8dn has solved all of these issues for me. The belt sits where it needs to on the secondary as well.

It may not be a fix for everyone but those that are having rpm hunting problems this will likely be the answer.

So what is the c to c spec and how is it adjusted? I thought it was fixed by engine mounting bolts. The assembly manual shows a required check on offset but nothing on c to c.

I would say the center to center is fixed by what I have seen. What it is for distance, I do not know.

My gauge fits the SRX chassis, will see how close it is on the Viper.

My understanding is that the Viper c to c is shorter than the typical Yamaha, that's what required the new belt in the 1st place.

Sk Scott is working on my sled now and I will try the 8DN belt Thursday. My sled started out at 95 MPH and now down to 80 MPH. He is doing the recall and DuPont Hyfax. I put on a wheel kit and I no longer feel the drag I did, but still can't go over 80. I am going to put a new belt on because I also feel it has something to do with the belt, my belt is beat. I have an 8DN belt and I will play with it on the lake.

Studroes144 said:
I'd be interested to see how the belt performs as far as holding rpm. I read on one of these posts that with the 8dn someone claimed rpm was a lot more consistent. With my stock belt out in the loose snow I can see a decent amount of rpm change, it'll jump from 8600 to 9000 then back down to 8500 and back up again. Doesn't hold a steady rpm when there is any track spin. I am getting a lot of belt dust from the stock belts. None of mine are worn out or need to be replaced but I have put on 2 new belts since I got the sled and both new belts after about 200-300 miles will really start to show a lot of belt dust. This last one I was especially careful in breaking it in. Just worked the throttle nice and easy for prolly 30 miles and never hardly went over 40 mph. It was a boring 30 miles lol but I wanted to make sure the belt was completely broke in right and now after my ride tonight I am still noticing some belt dust showing up so that's telling me the belt is slipping some and I'm loosing power somewhere. Hopefully the 8dn solves that as we have a couple brand new spare belts kickin around that we never needed for the apex or nytro sleds.

Yep, mine had that rpm all over the place before the 8DN belt. Now its rock solid.

Back