• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

Ok:)
Just checked my C to C on viper and it's at 263mm I check my apex and it's at 265mm and that's with a Yamaha tool !
So C To C isn't that far off between the two !

There's the numbers just so everyone knows

The 8DN is the fix we all need! It has changed my sled dramatically. I'm not all over on the rpm range. It goes right to 8600 and stays there. Now I'm going to change that to 8800, but it still stays there. No binding and no slipping, belt stays cool and looks really good. I have over 500 miles on the 8dn now and I'm satisfied with that change. It's a proven belt Yamaha put a little different stuff in the new belt and it's not working. So run the 8DN! Pretty much everyone that has tried it, it has worked for them for the better. So why not give it a shot! It's easy to do and it's worth it! I'm glad that people are happy with the results! Am I getting full shift out with the 8DN I don't know yet, cause I have not tested that yet, but I will. Soon!

yamyfreak said:
What is the big difference between the 8JP Yamaha sells as the stock belt 8DN belt????

The 8JP has some different stuff in it than the 8DN not sure what the different materials are. But I know they are a little different. The 8DN has been proven in high hp sleds! So it will work for us! :Rockon:

SO let me get this right just add three more of the exact same shims on the back of the secondary three bolts (so there are two shims not one) and I can run my trusted 8dn belts?

That's what they are saying , but I have 2 1mm and 1 .5mm washers to get my deflection at 1 1/4"
I'm still playing around with this but it seems to be working , be back in a min going to test !

yukon yamaha said:
SO let me get this right just add three more of the exact same shims on the back of the secondary three bolts (so there are two shims not one) and I can run my trusted 8dn belts?

Yep, add shims to get belt to ride just above edge of sheave, see Tim's pic. You might already be there so check first.

yamyfreak said:
Sorry for sounding like an idiot, are we talking about the same belt we used on our Apex and all the other Yamahas for years??

Yep! I had to knock off a gross amount of dust on my old 8DN belt.

yamyfreak said:
Sorry for sounding like an idiot, are we talking about the same belt we used on our Apex and all the other Yamahas for years??

Not sounding like an idiot at all! :drink:

Lol..we all have tons of these belts sitting around somewhere. I have found 7 of them sitting around from two Nytro's and one Vector. Never used them cause I have never had to? I sold my Nytro with 7000+ miles on it with the same belt. They last a long long time!

yamyfreak said:

Not sounding like an idiot at all! :drink:

Lol..we all have tons of these belts sitting around somewhere. I have found 7 of them sitting around from two Nytro's and one Vector. Never used them cause I have never had to? I sold my Nytro with 7000+ miles on it with the same belt. They last a long long time!

As we speak they are trying to figure out why the Viper clutches are not getting full shift out. When they do we should see higher speeds on the top end! :Rockon:

As soon as I find out I will let everyone here know! But there is a on going problem with that. :o|

you need to start with the correct length belt to even have a chance at full shift.

YamahaTim said:
As we speak they are trying to figure out why the Viper clutches are not getting full shift out. When they do we should see higher speeds on the top end! :Rockon:

As soon as I find out I will let everyone here know! But there is a on going problem with that. :o|

Tim, my belt was concave on the sides and the only way I know it can wear that way is if it is being crushed (unless somebody else has another theory). Crushed belt isn't going to go full shift. Or are you saying with 8DN you are still not getting full shift?

stingray719 said:
YamahaTim said:

Tim, my belt was concave on the sides and the only way I know it can wear that way is if it is being crushed (unless somebody else has another theory). Crushed belt isn't going to go full shift. Or are you saying with 8DN you are still not getting full shift?

Well that's exactly why I went through 4 belts. It was getting so hot and riding crushed that it just blew. I don't think that the clutches are fully shifting out. Sometimes I'm seeing higher top speeds than others. Pretty much the same condition. The rpm are the same and boost is the same, so I don't get why sometimes it's way faster than others? I'm talking ten mph faster...

YamahaTim said:

Who told you this ?
This nytro belt isn't working for me been two days now and still can't get the clutching right and I don't see why it's pulling the RPM'S down do much , it's not like a 100 or 2 it's like 700 to 800
That's not right - right there

Back