• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

09nytro said:
YamahaTim said:
As we speak they are trying to figure out why the Viper clutches are not getting full shift out. When they do we should see higher speeds on the top end! :Rockon:

As soon as I find out I will let everyone here know! But there is a on going problem with that. :o|
Who told you this ?
This nytro belt isn't working for me been two days now and still can't get the clutching right and I don't see why it's pulling the RPM'S down do much , it's not like a 100 or 2 it's like 700 to 800
That's not right - right there

Ya I don't know, it seems like it's helped a lot of others. Weird. Just like some people have the problem and some don't. I don't get it either. My dealer just said that they don't think the Vipers are getting full shift out. I'm not sure if they were talking about mine or all. But it sounded like all. Top speeds very so much from different sleds that there has to be a problem somewhere. Now a Nytro XTX stock pretty much everyone was seeing 101-102 top speed. Now the Viper goes from 84 to 105 n/a not that's a big difference! Why was I going through belts every 2-300 miles and now with the 8DN I have over 500 miles on it and it looks fine.

They just put one washer behind the secondary with the one that was already there so 2 total. And that's all they did to mine and it works great. Now I'm sure my weights are different than yours, but I'm running all yamaha springs and helix.

09nytro said:
YamahaTim said:
As we speak they are trying to figure out why the Viper clutches are not getting full shift out. When they do we should see higher speeds on the top end! :Rockon:

As soon as I find out I will let everyone here know! But there is a on going problem with that. :o|
Who told you this ?
This nytro belt isn't working for me been two days now and still can't get the clutching right and I don't see why it's pulling the RPM'S down do much , it's not like a 100 or 2 it's like 700 to 800

Explain please what you mean by can't get clutching right? Do you mean not enough rpm or something else? And do you have the belt above the secondary sheaves as per Tim's pic? (ribs just above the sheaves)

I have 3 -1mm washers in there just to give me 1 1/4 belt deflection , so yes it was then some , I have heavy hitters and I've been taking so much weight off to getting the r's back up I'm almost empty and getting 8750 but how they are jumping all over , on time it's high do I add , then it's low so I take out .
I think the belt on take off the primary has to come in so far you loose r's , it maybe shifting out all the way but the clutches aren't in the right ratio so that's why the r's are down .
So as the mythbusters say :( this is a bust

09nytro said:
I have 3 -1mm washers in there just to give me 1 1/4 belt deflection , so yes it was then some , I have heavy hitters and I've been taking so much weight off to getting the r's back up I'm almost empty and getting 8750 but how they are jumping all over , on time it's high do I add , then it's low so I take out .
I think the belt on take off the primary has to come in so far you loose r's , it maybe shifting out all the way but the clutches aren't in the right ratio so that's why the r's are down .
So as the mythbusters say :( this is a bust

Lol...ya I don't get it. How it works for some and not others? Crazy!

09nytro said:
YamahaTim said:

Who told you this ?

That is what the 8jp belt was doing to mine. The 8dn fixed that. I think that the 8dn will fix the problems for people that were having issues. For those not having issues then there is no need to change.

In your case was the 8jp hunting for rpm? Why did you switch? With the 8dn is your rpm more stable? If so then lighten up your weights. Those of us that are having success with it have more consistent rpm now.

You said it!!! ;)!

If ain't broke don't fix it! Well mine was broke :o|

loudelectronics said:
09nytro said:
YamahaTim said:

Who told you this ?

That is what the 8jp belt was doing to mine. The 8dn fixed that. I think that the 8dn will fix the problems for people that were having issues. For those not having issues then there is no need to change.

In your case was the 8jp hunting for rpm? Why did you switch? With the 8dn is your rpm more stable? If so then lighten up your weights. Those of us that are having success with it have more consistent rpm now.
No I wasn't hunting for RPM'S , I'm just always looking for more out of my sled so I thought I would give it a try to see if it would work for me and it didn't so it's not the answer for everyone

I was just hoping that the people that were having the problems that this would be a good fix for them! Maybe we can figure out something!

Well it may help the ones that are having problems but for some numbnuts like me that is alway looking to get more out of the clutching , well it didn't .... Lol ......
I've always loved the ultimax belts and every month I e- mail them to see when they will have one and they said not till next year !

09nytro said:
Well it may help the ones that are having problems but for some numbnuts like me that is alway looking to get more out of the clutching , well it didn't .... Lol ......
I've always loved the ultimax belts and every month I e- mail them to see when they will have one and they said not till next year !

Lol...right on...let me know when those belts are available. :-o

I will , I got two brand new ones , well one new and one used now ultimax xs805's on bench that's why I gave this a shot , lol .....

09nytro said:
I will , I got two brand new ones , well one new and one used now ultimax xs805's on bench that's why I gave this a shot , lol .....

Right on you can send me the new one than! :-o

YamahaTim said:
09nytro said:

Right on you can send me the new one than! :-o
Lol.... ;)!
They still fit my apex , but I don't ride it much !

Well you could send the Apex to if you want. I guess I could handle that. :drink:

Back