• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TTs sled - Rapex and some other projects

BenderSRX said:
:Rockon: TT looking awsome so far, this is what i want to do to mine. Now i get to see what i need ;)!

Well I started the tear down (fuel tank and D-frame). As promissed I pulled out the Bender stage 2 IC to give it a try.

It will not fit without any modification. The inlet before the intercoler cord is hitting plastic. It was so bad that I couldn't get the IC in place.

My conclusion is that it can be done, but you would have to have the inlet rewelded ;)! I will try the charge tube also if you want me too. It will need some rerouting after the inlet has been rewelded.

Here is the pics of the "try fitment"

DSC00557.jpg

Close up pic of the "try fitment" with Bender IC - IC is not in place - it has to go a little more to the left. So you can see that the inlet piping has to be modified.

DSC00558.jpg

Fuel pump removed from Apex fuel tank

DSC00552.jpg

You would need somthing like this kit that Powderlites makes. I have ordered a removalkit from them without the fuel pump.

Apex20high20boost20fuel20pump20kit.jpg

I will not install apex footwells - I will reuse the ones already installed on my RX-1, but in order to use them these brackets on both sides has to be removed make the side pannels fit.

DSC00554.jpg

The support brackets for the runing boards either has be modified or you will need apex ones. On the apex brackets the upper hole is smaller and have a rubber o-ring for the noob/plug on the lower apex side pannel

DSC00556.jpg

Close up pic in front - fitment is good with the MCX IC :bling

DSC00549.jpg

I removed the center/front steel bracket and installed the aluminium one from the apex. It doesn't have to be done - you could reuse the one from the RX-1. If you are doing this mod. with the Bender kit you would have to reused the one from the RX-1 so you are able to secure the IC. Well atleast I lost some weight - LOL

DSC00550.jpg

Cool Rape(x) you got there :) Great work buddy.

BTW I have started to tear my old girl apart. As soon as I have the IC off I will measure and adjust fuel pressure at idle. Fuelpressure of 4.5-5.0 lbs at idle would be just great don't you think?

Did you get my sms yesterday? I have sent money for the last Apex parts to OSKnutsen.

I think she will be a "cool old lady" when done - I can't belive we are still modifying 7 years old sleds - it has to be an addiction - LOL.

I have to verify my fuel pressure too - even though my AFR readings are good (a little fat) - 4.5-5.0 psi @ idle is perfect.

I also have to install the Hurricane turbo springs and sync the carbs.

I am considering going underneath 4.5 to see if it will help with the floding issues I have when sled is coming down hard from a "cat walk". It is scary when climbing. There are some old post in the turbo section where people went underneath 4 psi and had the regulator t'ed to the carb boots.

But that is the last option. First sync carbs, verify fuel pressure, turbo carb spring and remove the BOV in the plenum.

You have to send me that plate to remove the mitshibishi BOV in the plenum. I have feeling it is interfering with the carbs when it realeses air at high vacum. I already have the pressure ragulator signal from the carb boots. This took care of the problem with the Bender kit.

I had a little fuel in the IC when I removed it

Madsledder from Canada - thank you for selling and shipping overseas the last parts needed for the MCX apex kit and CR-racing air intake system!!!!!!!!! No more clogged air filter in powder snow - that air filter setup is SWEET!!!!!!!!

DSC00560.jpg

Before buying the apex plastic I was wondering if it could be done with just the apex fuel tank, RX-1 d-frame and wildchild ride forward setup.

It can't be done if you want a nice "fit and finish" - the lower part of the steering coloumn is hitting the fuel tank. In this pic the fuel tank is even pulled back. You might be able to slot out the holes to pull the fuel tank backwards, but I am not sure how the filler neck would fit with the fuel tank cowling. It doesn't matter since I already have the apex d-frame and steering coloumn.

DSC00559.jpg

TT said:
Did you get my sms yesterday? I have sent money for the last Apex parts to OSKnutsen.

I think she will be a "cool old lady" when done - I can't belive we are still modifying 7 years old sleds - it has to be an addiction - LOL.

I have to verify my fuel pressure too - even though my AFR readings are good (a little fat) - 4.5-5.0 psi @ idle is perfect.

I also have to install the Hurricane turbo springs and sync the carbs.

I am considering going underneath 4.5 to see if it will help with the floding issues I have when sled is coming down hard from a "cat walk". It is scary when climbing. There are some old post in the turbo section where people went underneath 4 psi and had the regulator t'ed to the carb boots.

But that is the last option. First sync carbs, verify fuel pressure, turbo carb spring and remove the BOV in the plenum.

You have to send me that plate to remove the mitshibishi BOV in the plenum. I have feeling it is interfering with the carbs when it realeses air at high vacum. I already have the pressure ragulator signal from the carb boots. This took care of the problem with the Bender kit.

I had a little fuel in the IC when I removed it

Yeah buddy I got it, I also relayed the message to him :)
Late last night me and my buddies Mikkel and Odd Steffen had a meeting in rxrider's Turbo Garage, the modding of the 4 and 7 yo sleds continues.
Addiction will not let go even when snow is all gone and riding have come to a halt for this season. ..... I'm running it on grass this summer to be able to test all systems before next season.

Tear down started last night, will test fuel pressure any day soon :) Will return your fuel pressure meter when done. I still run fat giving it WOT from a standstill running the Hurricane springs but all burbling is gone that I had running any other set of springs, it runs strong from the get-go with the turbo springs.

Will send you the plate as well, I got it almost for free from Erik at MCX, you can have it for free :) It's normal having fuel in the carbs running MCX turbo kits, too high fuel pressure, fuel is spraying out from the carbs when you shut close the throttle, guess that is caused by running a BOV in the MCX plenum...agree with you on that one.

Talk to you later buddy.

Jan-Ove

Thanks TT for the info and trying the Bender IC no need to try the charge tube now because i can see the problems i'm going to run into. I'm going to be sending my turbo and IC out to Justin at Full power perfomance to get the updates and a Muffler installed to quite it down, I'm going to ask him if it would be hard for him to relocate the inlet on the IC and modify my charge tube. Right now i'm fishing for Apex parts. Thanks again TT this is really helpfull ;)!

BenderSRX said:
Thanks TT for the info and trying the Bender IC no need to try the charge tube now because i can see the problems i'm going to run into. I'm going to be sending my turbo and IC out to Justin at Full power perfomance to get the updates and a Muffler installed to quite it down, I'm going to ask him if it would be hard for him to relocate the inlet on the IC and modify my charge tube. Right now i'm fishing for Apex parts. Thanks again TT this is really helpfull ;)!

No problem - that is what TY is all about - helping out fellow sledders ;)!

It is easy to mod the inlet - cut it off - shorten it so it gets closer to the IC cord - have it rewelded. The chargetube can easily be modified by just adding silicon hoses where needed.

Hood arrived from Ulmer racing today - thanks Allan - outstanding customer service :jump:

Even though I had started to pull everything apart - I just had to put the IC and side shrouds back on for a test fitment. The last issue I was worried about - was if the hood would clear the plenum - - NO PROBLEM :jump:

:bling

DSC00564.jpg

I can't wait to get my PIAA 004XT XTREME WHITE kit.

004xtpiaalight.jpg

Back