• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune reliability

To be honest... I really like the 240SS SM tune, I just wish it hit a little hard at a lower RPM, like at 4500-5000. It does not turn on until 5500, which is good, but it would make it a little more playful when going over a rise if they could make it come in earlier. I also think that adding a modded quiet muffler may add to that low end grunt? Just don't want to add to the stock decibels. Its for this reason as to why I may try the 270SS tune for next year.

I know other 4 strokes usually wake up when you add just a muffler mod, even in stock form. I am not looking necessarily looking for more top end, but just more bottom end grunt with less lag!
Too bad my sled was down when you came by!!
Next season come by and
I tuned my 2019 SW when it was brand new. I have the gap flasher, data logging, AFR module, closed loop, launch control and I have both the stock muffler and perf muffler Hurricane SS tune bundles.
I prefer the performance and throttle response of the PM tunes but I like the lower sound level of the stock muffler tunes.
My Hurricane tunes have performed flawlessly and I have only seen the knock light a couple times on the 300hp PM tune when drag racing and hooking up hard.
I always tell everyone that if I could only have one tune it would be the 240SS PM tune as on the 240 tune my sled is a rocket, gets great gas mileage , is easy to clutch, easy on belts, can run on 87 octane, and is a ton of fun!
This whole season I only used the 240SS PM tune and never missed the bigger tunes and never even selected them...the 240 is that good.
You also have the header eh Bob?
I find with the header is doesn't matter what tune i select they all very hit hard!!!lol

Last edited:

We have , TD 240 SM , 18 TUNED , 2 AT 275 , ALL trouble free, better than stock fuel milage , and QUIET !

Is 3" super Quiet louder than 3" super mod stock muffler?

TD got the 2,5 " super Quiet too?

I dont like heating under hood or super hot turbo and mufflers, so I'm not gonna install tunes with pure stock muffler.

The 3" Super Mod Stock is slightly quieter than the 3" Super Quiet. TD says the 3" Super Mod Stock is 4 decibels louder than stock, and the 3" Super Quiet is 6 decibels louder than stock. I had the 3" Intimidator/Turboforce on my SW, and that thing droned so bad it would make you sick. Very happy with the 3" Super Quiet.

Don't go down my road!!!
I live a life of apologies, dirty deeds, I owe u's and favors...
That's only the start!!!
Careful women are alway 10 steps ahead of men and when they see a opportunity when you are desperate they will pounce like a lion!!!.hahah
You start modding you may as well sell your soul to the devil...

:D:D:D
Oh, I know.. I am not going that far. I dont put enough miles on to justify and I dont have the time to tinker like I used too.

Too bad my sled wasndown when you came by!!
Next season come by and

I find with the header is doesn't matter what tune i select they all very hit hard!!!lol
I would not be shocked to hear the header makes a big difference regardless of the tune. I have put headers on 2 1200's, My Nytro XTX and my Apex and they all showed a remarkable difference down low. But damn, they are expensive for the sidewinders. How much hp does just the header provide regardless of the tune? If we had to pick one, lets use the 240SS as an example? Anybody know this info?

Last edited:
The header makes the sled much snappier and pull is stronger with less boost. Top end hp is what the tuner builds the tune for.
I ran this winter on the 240ss header performance o2 tune.
I also ran it on the 270ss and 300ss tunes.
The 240ss header tune pulls harder than the 270r tune I had previously with just performance muffler.

It would not be shocked to hear the header makes a big difference regardless of the tune. I have put headers on 2 1200's and My Nytro XTX and my Apex and they all showed a remarkable difference down low. But damn, they are expensive. How much hp does just the header provide regardless of the tune? If we had to pick one, lets use the 240SS as an example? Anybody know this info?
Here is a good example with header and stock exhaust manifold...
With stock exhaust manifold 17lbs make 270
With header 17lbs make 300

[QUOTE

I find with the header is doesn't matter what tune i select they all very hit hard!!!lol[/QUOTE]

No I dont have a header on mine...I am definately thinking about Sandale’s header when they start to sell them.

ok, but do you need to run modded exhaust of some type to get that power Increase or is that with a stock muffler?

The 3" Super Mod Stock is slightly quieter than the 3" Super Quiet. TD says the 3" Super Mod Stock is 4 decibels louder than stock, and the 3" Super Quiet is 6 decibels louder than stock. I had the 3" Intimidator/Turboforce on my SW, and that thing droned so bad it would make you sick. Very happy with the 3" Super Quiet.
Is the 3 inch SQ quieter than the 2.5 SQ? I was thinking they may be the same noise level?

When you do this you have to change the tune to run the header?

Back