• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner ski side to side movement

yamarider13

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Vector LTX
2015 Venture GT
I have a lot of movement side to side on the skis itself. I have 2 Vectors and a Venture and they all have lots of movement. I never hear anyone comment on this issue just front end bushing wear. I ordered a couple ski bushings but there really wasn't any wear on the old ones and there is no wear on the long spindle collar either. Only thing I can think of to do is put 3/4" inside diameter shims on the inside part of the ski bushings. The shims would have to be thick about 3 mm. Seems strange nobody ever mentioned this issue. Anyone ever noticed this? I know I could do new skis but really didn't want to spend over $400 on them. Anyone know if the new Yamaha ski will be available for the all Yamaha sleds? I have my doubts.

Well since nobody had a answer for this I had to do some experimenting myself. I put two 14 gauge and two 18 gauge shims on each ski with the larger 14 gauge on the inside part of the ski. 3/4" inside diameter by 1.25" outside diameter shims. It tightened up the ski side to side movement real nice and still allowed it to move freely if going over bumps etc. I think there are a lot of people out there that never checked this on there tuners. You will be shocked how much it moves. I have 2 Vectors and a Venture and they are all the same way. Pics attached after shims installed.

I know this doesn’t answer your question but tuners never worked for me and I have tried several carbide configurations on two different sleds. Never really noticed much side to side movement but did not like the way they tracked.. Put old style single keel skis with snowtrackers and never looked back.

I know this doesn’t answer your question but tuners never worked for me and I have tried several carbide configurations on two different sleds. Never really noticed much side to side movement but did not like the way they tracked.. Put old style single keel skis with snowtrackers and never looked back.

How did the old style single keel skis mount up on your Vectors. Did you have to make or change anything. What year single keel skis did you use. I have a 2015 & a 2018 Vector & thinking about it myself.

any 11 and older ski will bolt up in place of the tuners or aftermarket ski. i replaced the tuners on my 16 apex xtx with 09 mtx skis with the apropriate hardware as they are the best bang for the buck and handling for me.

any 11 and older ski will bolt up in place of the tuners or aftermarket ski. i replaced the tuners on my 16 apex xtx with 09 mtx skis with the apropriate hardware as they are the best bang for the buck and handling for me.

I second that ! I love my mtx skis !

Back