• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunnel Ice- anyone ever figure out a way to stop it?

Mike's Motorsports custom bent the sides up :) :)

I only had the chance to get 700 miles on the sled last season (bought used in mid Feb then herniated disc problems put me out). Was getting some build up like the Phazer did before adding a b/o plate to that.
It didn't totally eliminate the problem since the aluminum got warm but cut it way down not hitting a hot muffler + nytro has the pipe underneath also.
We'll see....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Watch it, you are infringing on canoeheads design. There could be a copyright infringement. Just kidding. lol

Looks great. I had a chance to test the plate I made up this summer, just a few weeks ago. Worked awesome.
Can't wait for the season to get going.
Ms
That's actually a Grizz and Arteex design.

The idea actually came from an old TY member that went by arteeex. I haven't seen him on TY in over a year but He original posted a diagram of a flanged block off plate. I started with mine that way then later cut them off. The flanges aren't really needed but they also don't hurt as long as you allow enough air flow around the muffler.

Is there a write up somewhere as far as dropping the track to get to the underneath of the tunnel with some pics? I'm lost when it comes to this. I don't want to drop the track and then not be able to put something back together because I cant compress a spring or something. I have an XTX and it looks pretty narrow through there...

Thanks

Is there a write up somewhere as far as dropping the track to get to the underneath of the tunnel with some pics? I'm lost when it comes to this. I don't want to drop the track and then not be able to put something back together because I cant compress a spring or something. I have an XTX and it looks pretty narrow through there...

Thanks
There is some useful info in the track swap threads found in the FAQ.

I did it while my skid was out. It wasn't that hard to remove and reinstall.

Thanks
Dropping the track by the rear two bolts is pretty easy and will give you enough room to drill some holes and attach your plate with a rivet tool. Check out the track swap threads for tips. Use an air tool to make it easier and torque the bolts back up. Not too hard to realign the skid with only the back dropped down. If you have a chain fall in your garage you will really appreciate it. I really like having that tool in my garage, reasonably priced at harbor freight. Good luck!

Look at my pics, I just removed the 2 rear bolts and swung the skid/ track forward. Loctited bolts upon re-install.

Enough room to get in there- that was on a car lift but any chain fall will work.

Nope, grab the track by the bottom & it'll just go right back up into place.

Grizz or Canoehead, I plan to install a version of your plates, on an XTX do you need longer than a 36" plate? Canoehead I think yours is 36" and you have an XTX, Griz I think your is also 36" and you are running a 136" track. I want to run it to the rear of the tunnel.

You don't need to go to the back of the tunnel. Leave about 4-5" of the plate extending past the tunnel protectors then push it up and rivet it to the bottom of the tunnel.

I want to do my sled but have a few questions. As you can see from the pictures I have been trying some sprays and no success. I have an under the tunnel exhaust. Should I just box it in and let the exhaust flow out and attempt to keep the snow off the muffler and header pipe? My Nytro 09' does not have the tunnel protectors since it is not a short track. Not many of those in our mountains. Do I fabricate this in?

Attachments

• Ice tunnel.jpg
    Ice tunnel.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 297
I have a block off plate I took off my Nytro when I went to an under tunnel set up. I can't remember if it fits with the tunnel protectors installed or not, I had my protectors removed. Also, it will fit with a mountain cooler installed.

Free of charge, just pay actual shipping charges.

IMAG0644.jpg IMAG0645.jpg IMAG0174.jpg

Back