• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel shine

I have sanded it real nice and i keep polishing and i can only get it to look like an out of focus picture its not very clear just kind of fuzzy what am i not douing right? :o|

bottlerocket said:
RIKMAN said:
This is how she turned out. ;)!
RIKMAN did you polish your spindles also? Did you take the black reforcements off or polish around them? Either way it looks good.
:bling :bling

Thanks

Yes i did polish the spindles. One day to strip paint off and sand to 1500 grit and 4 hours of polishing. And the reinforcements was installed after.
Mostly polished everything aluminium on the sled. (spindles,rails,tunel,risers)...
The worst part of it is to keep it shinny :o|

yamahas said:
Does sealing it just mean waxing it basicly?

In a round about way yes...but the sealers last longer than wax. Zaino ( what I use ) has a wax that i put on first, then a clear sealer that goes over top...it's just extra protection.

shaddow44 said:
yamahas said:

In a round about way yes...but the sealers last longer than wax. Zaino ( what I use ) has a wax that i put on first, then a clear sealer that goes over top...it's just extra protection.

Where do you get this stuff? I googled them and their site wasent working for me.

shaddow44 said:
yamahas said:

Where do you get this stuff? I googled them and their site wasent working for me.

I got it from a guy in Toronto...i'll try to get his email...another good product I've heard guys use is ZOOP Seal...you can get it from Summit racing in the US.

Can you put the sand paper on an electric sander and just spray some warer on it once in a while??

I found with electrice sanders they made swirl marks in the aluminum...best way is by hand IMO...sand with the grain of the aluminum...get a small bucket of soapy water and dip the sand paper in it...every now and then spray off the tunnel to keep it clean.

I recalled reading this last year and thought I would post what we found that worked well. Mothers makes a "Powerball" and Mothers "Mag and Aluminum Polish". Ball was about $18 and polish was about $4 - also get a bundle of terry cloth towels for 4 or 5 bucks too.

Put some polish on the area to polish, use a drill and the Powerball, when it become a black color, wipe off with towel. You will go through a lot of towels. The more torn down your sled is the easier it was to get around some areas.

db650083.jpg

a617bf32.jpg

d76fcd80.jpg

59aca199.jpg

58b26c75.jpg

Back