• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upper a arm question

Stone9

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
How lose is your upper a arm when you have the sled suspended? Mine felt uncomfortably lose and made me nervous. I looked into it and I believe it is a bolt all the way through screwed into a plate. No nut that I could see or feel ( very tight spaces ). I didn't have time to completely finish investigating but thought i would ask the TY community.
I know there was a Yamaha letter sent out to nytro owners and the dealers were to fix this problem with lock tight but that would have or not have happend before I bought it. The bolt seemed tight in there that is my main cause for confussion

a-arm

The upper ones dont have nuts, and the lowers have nuts and bolts, i would check all of them. checked mine and the bottom ones were real loose,the one nut was almost off... tightned them up, and it made a big differance, your bushings may be worn also, not sure how many miles you have on, but you may want to check those, and your ball joints...between all these this is where you will have slop if you have any...good luck.

Stone9 said:
How lose is your upper a arm when you have the sled suspended? Mine felt uncomfortably lose and made me nervous. I looked into it and I believe it is a bolt all the way through screwed into a plate. No nut that I could see or feel ( very tight spaces ). I didn't have time to completely finish investigating but thought i would ask the TY community.
I know there was a Yamaha letter sent out to nytro owners and the dealers were to fix this problem with lock tight but that would have or not have happend before I bought it. The bolt seemed tight in there that is my main cause for confussion

if all of your bolts are torqued down to the recommended ft/lbs and you still have play, then you have worn bushings. you could go the cheap route and then change them again at 2000miles or so, or you could go with oilite bushings and they will last a very long time.

bitchnblue09 said:
The upper ones dont have nuts, and the lowers have nuts and bolts, i would check all of them. checked mine and the bottom ones were real loose,the one nut was almost off... tightned them up, and it made a big differance, your bushings may be worn also, not sure how many miles you have on, but you may want to check those, and your ball joints...between all these this is where you will have slop if you have any...good luck.

there is a nut welded to the inside and its not a locknut, that is why loctite is needed for that bolt and nut...

I welded my lower a-arm nuts to the subframe to help prevent the holes from egging out. With the nuts welded in I can also remove the lower a-arms without removing any plastic. I'll need to keep an eye on the bolts to make sure they stay tight but if they do loosen I'll drill the hex heads and wire tie them together.

http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss33 ... 1QQtppZZ20
A-armrearmount.jpg

thank you I will work on it tomorrow. Hope i don't have to replace bushings...

same here i just replaced them tonight they are tight again.worn bushing's for sure,i also installed grease fitting

Back