• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using my Phazer MTX 2013

Got a mail from OFT today and in that mail they said that the Nytro ROV tether fits the Phazer just fine. So I am probably go with the OFT kit for the Phazer. I like the tether that you recive with that kit.

Took off the upper ball joints yesterday and put them in the lathe and shaved off 4 mm on each side.
When I come home today I will mount them on the sled and go out and try it.
See what happens with the handeling.

What ski shocks should I get?
I have found two different one to chose from. One is Engans and the other one is Fox Float 3. It's about the same price for them both, so that is not a deal breaker.
Any suggestions?

Image.ashx

float3-main.jpg
I bought floats 3's last season for my 07. I just sold them. Could not dial them in. Up the pressure and still severely rolled into corners. Hopefully the guy in Rimbey AB who bought them enjoys. Had there been an option for "Elkas" for my 07 I would have purchased those. Now I learn elkas are available. I've run on my race quads and will never buy another kind of shock. May be something you may want to look at as an option.
Float 3's weigh just over 2lbs.

I would like a suspension with compression adjusting at least and not just the spring pretension. So Elka have a suspension for the Phazer MTX?

Yesterday I pushed the trottle to the max to see what RPM I landed on after my clutch tuning I made during the summer.
Landed on 11800 rpm on really hard packed, so I will probably land in the sweet spot of the power range in more deeper conditions.

Looks like I'm tradeing the Phazer for a 4 stroke Yamaha Viking. More use for a work sled to pull stuff.

So, no new posts for me in this thread. Traded the Phazer for a Yamaha Grizzly ATV today. Hopefully the new owner will enjoy the Phazer!

Now I'm probably done fixing all the errors the local Yamaha store made on my sled.

Done with the sway bar disconnect thing now and will try it out this winter.
I think I can go from connected to disconnected in about 30 seconds.

20131026_151752.jpg

and how it looks while disconnected from the A arms.

20131026_151804.jpg

I'm also thinking of making a cargo rack on the back of the tunnel or I will go with the Rotopax system just to bring with me fuel. But they are expensive here in Sweden, about 160 USD for the 1 gallon gasoline pack.
Where did you find those bolts for the sway bars? Do you happen to remember? It would help me out greatly!

The ones with the looking pin thru the end of the bolt? I drilled them my self. Just ordinary bolts with a hole.
Oh really? Could you not find anything like that or did you do that just because you could?

Back