• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using my Phazer MTX 2013

Got mine fr.o.m. Oft racing and think they are 8" talk to Chris (snowmobile.se) and I'm sure you can get the cad files to have you're own made as he made his own same size as mine..

With my skid setback and the new 151 track it was a little tight but now the track is a little looser and it's perfect

8 inch wheels sounds much bigger than the original 7 inch. Maybe 7,25 inch would do?
Thank you for the tips about the CAD file, soldi. But I guess I will make it simple and buy the wheels =)

Now I will take it a bit easy on the rebuilding of the sled, because now the snow is here and I want to go out and ride my sled =) Also I'm in the process of buying a house, so my thoughts will be on that in the near future.

And thank you, kimoajaj, glad you enjoy the reading =)

By the way, have anyone tried these?

styrkit_phazer.jpg

Bearings for the steering on the Phazer. Should eliminate the freeplay in the steering as it is at original.

I really hate the local Yamaha store here where I live. I can't recommend them to anybody after the things I discovered today while working on my sled.

Was about to attach the small tool pouch between the A-arms today but the clips did not match that attaches the pouch to the sled. I figured it out that they had turned it upside down, because it fits either way.

20131020_160027.jpg

A rookie mistake maybe, so I didn't care much about that. But behind the plastic cover you have the steering.
The bolts were not torqued as they should. So some were loose and not a single safety pin for the bolts were in place!

20131020_160049.jpg

20131020_160100.jpg

There you have just two examples of missing pins. Lucky me that I like to work with my sled and find stuff like this before I end up in an accident.

After the local Yamaha store handled my sled I have found so many mistake they have made. Missing rivets, safety pins and so on. Worthless piece of junk that store is!

I just want to ventilate my anger some and a warning for others are in place I guess. I will have a talk with Yamaha Sweden tomorrow and ask for their opinion. Why should I buy Yamaha when their certified stores can't handle what they sell? That is my opinion.

Now I'm probably done fixing all the errors the local Yamaha store made on my sled.

Done with the sway bar disconnect thing now and will try it out this winter.
I think I can go from connected to disconnected in about 30 seconds.

20131026_151752.jpg

and how it looks while disconnected from the A arms.

20131026_151804.jpg

I'm also thinking of making a cargo rack on the back of the tunnel or I will go with the Rotopax system just to bring with me fuel. But they are expensive here in Sweden, about 160 USD for the 1 gallon gasoline pack.

I gave up the idea of the Rotopax system. They are too expensive for they are worth. Bought a 5 liter can from a local hardware store for 10 USD instead. The very same that Polaris sells to their sleds.

20131102_125903.jpg

Will place it like this and make a rack in aluminium to rivet in place. It will fit perfectly (at least in my head) =)

20131102_125925.jpg

I went out and tried my sled on the snow today. Just to see if the correct rpm were reached. It's hard to tell exactly what rpm I did get, but it went around 11500 and about 11700. The track were spinning a lot and I never hit the rev limiter while doing that. It seemed like everything worked nice while shifting. It's really hard to notice how much different it rides now from last season, but it felt like the shifting were more steady thru the gears.
Did not try out the backshifting capability due to the short distance I went. It feels nice with snow thou =)
Tried my wife's sled also to see if I succeeded with the clutching on that too. Seems like that too.

Added three 20 liter fuel containers to my cargo sled. Did not design the sled for these containers, but the fitted with in the millimeter =)

20131110_203648.jpg

20131110_203656.jpg

Very cool and interesting video!

Those bearings look good. I'm still not sure where they go. And translating from Swedish, all I could get is "Heavy-duty pilot bearing packets, reduces the control gap considerably on Phazer / Venture MP / Lite"

Do they go where you had to tighten the two nuts and add the safety pins behind the black plastic?

Didn't know there was an basement beneath Bussgods. Nice camera angle but the snow got packed in the camera rather fast.

Psycho Dave said:
Didn't know there was an basement beneath Bussgods. Nice camera angle but the snow got packed in the camera rather fast.

And no one should know about it either =) I'm moving out from that place in two months from now.

soldi said:
Nice! got the new helix and weights installed? happy with the result??

After 3 km of riding with the new clutch kit I can say that I definitely don't know yet =) But the gearing feels a bit more firm. I will notice the difference while riding in deeper snow than on paved road.

Back