• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What type of belt do you run?

ya im thinking its shorter round , mabe lay string around it then measure and compare?

Carlile XS series belts. By far the best belts on the market. Have blown 2 in 7 years and around 15000 miles and I ride extremly hard and make several race passes and test passes a season. They are quicker than a dayco, gates, or oem and we have tested them with every different set up and sled u can think of. The one common theme is that the carlile XS belt is always quicker and they are very dourable.

I use Gates belts . The G- Force belt last all year. The price is right . If you can get 2000 or 3ooo miles for half the price why use OEM.

Because I typically put on 2000+ plus miles a season and have had OEM belts last multiple seasons. And, for $50 at the snow show, they aren't that expensive.

Although this thread is 11 years old & probably has run out of Statute of Limitations, i have to chime in. I have tried all 3 belts and in 27,000 Apex miles i have concluded that you can't beat the $60 OEM 8DN belt. There were some low end gains with the Ultimax, but i think i lost on top. It wore just as fast if not faster. I still have it with a stack of 2500 mile stock belts that are like new. I can measure it to prove it. I change belts at the beginning of each year. I easily can get over 4000 per belt. As a matter of fact, i have a 7000 mile belt i used for towing.

For a stock sled, you can't beat $60....my 2 cents.....actually 12,000 cents

Although this thread is 11 years old & probably has run out of Statute of Limitations, i have to chime in. I have tried all 3 belts and in 27,000 Apex miles i have concluded that you can't beat the $60 OEM 8DN belt. There were some low end gains with the Ultimax, but i think i lost on top. It wore just as fast if not faster. I still have it with a stack of 2500 mile stock belts that are like new. I can measure it to prove it. I change belts at the beginning of each year. I easily can get over 4000 per belt. As a matter of fact, i have a 7000 mile belt i used for towing.

For a stock sled, you can't beat $60....my 2 cents.....actually 12,000 cents
X2 THANKS.

Back