• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What/who is the nytro made for??

Sorry about the rant earlier in the week. Did not mean to offend anyone. Just tired of guys coming on a Yamaha site and asking if they should go to another manufacturer. I shouldn't feel embarrassed to show my loyalty on a Yamaha site. :jump:

No harm done. Its the Internet. I'm hoping nobody takes anything to serious on here.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
my friend has a VIper and from 0-80 its not even kind of close. I beat him by 5-8 sleds everytime

I'm sure it's possible depending on The setup/ mods/ studs etc. If that truly is the case I'm guessing he reels you in and passes you from 60-100

My viper was insanely quick for a heavy stock 700. That kept up to mxz 800s with tunnel extensions (144) clutch kit and dropped gears. And pulped on him with everything above 70

That said. I get to demo a ski doo 1200 on Monday. Kinda excited to see how it compares to the nytro. I'm expecting a completely plush ride and a comparable motor. We shall see

Comatoast said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
my friend has a VIper and from 0-80 its not even kind of close. I beat him by 5-8 sleds everytime

I'm sure it's possible depending on The setup/ mods/ studs etc. If that truly is the case I'm guessing he reels you in and passes you from 60-100

My viper was insanely quick for a heavy stock 700. That kept up to mxz 800s with tunnel extensions (144) clutch kit and dropped gears. And pulped on him with everything above 70

That said. I get to demo a ski doo 1200 on Monday. Kinda excited to see how it compares to the nytro. I'm expecting a completely plush ride and a comparable motor. We shall see
Going to ride them back to back tomorrow.

Ski doos innovation and ride with a solid well built 4 stroke that can rival yamaha , and yamaha might be in trouble. The dEaler I'm going to sells yamaha and ski doo. And he said they are similar but what gets alot of people is the doo motor is just as powerful with the same big torque powerband as the nytro but with the rev chassis. Post back tomorrow and let us know how it goes

Well after riding a doo 1200 4tec the decision gets more confusing. The doo 1200 is pretty fast. Deceivingly fast actually but the nytro is still fun to ride. But not near the ride of the rev chassis.

So if I were to buy the nytro what are things that would be of concern? I seem to see alot of front end issues and the ice build up on the tunnel

nytroD said:
is the 4tec just as responsive? thats a huge part of the Nytro fun facter!

I said this on dootalk as well. The nytro "feels" faster But others claim the 1200 is faster. I was on an etec 800 and my friend on a 1200. And I could not catch him on the straights were we got up to 80. So yea the doo 4tec is quick. The nytro has more low end It seems, but it's hard to tell.

If you are looking for a sit down cruiser...buy a vector or the doo 1200. If you are an aggressive rider and like to stand more than you like to sit and pound through the bumps...get the Nytro. I would assume the 1200 might be faster on top end than the Nytro but I would put my money on the Nytro being quicker. Read the reviews in the snowmobile mags...the Doo 1200 is not a bump sled.

Whatever it's worth ( it is the Internet ) ppl who have both say the 1200 pulls on the nytro at all speeds. Yes the nytro "feels" faster but side by side the doo is faster. The doo 1200 in the renegade or mxz setup is said to be a very good bump sled. The gsx onthe other hand is made for the trails with the whole air ride deal. Even the dealer told me today as well as others that the 1200 gade or mxz will ride very different from the 1200 gsx se I rode today

Mighty said:
Comatoast said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

Going to ride them back to back tomorrow.

Did u ride them both? What did u think?

Better than any other comparison vid. All these ppl on the board who have raced or have buddies that raced the doo. But noone ever posts vids

Back