• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wifes Nytro let us down!

jds1000 said:
I don't know why I have to keep defending myself in this post? I'm just stating what happened to me and my wife on our trip. I don't know why everybody has to defend the Nytro short comings? The small tank sucks and until this trip it hasen't been an issue and if we had two Nytros we would have been in big trouble. Yes I'm a little pissed that my trip had to be modified because of a "little" wire problem but I take this trip only once a year and I look forward to it. I had a trip like this ruined back in 04 when my 800 Rev seized the engine. Thats when I switched to Yamaha because I felt that Rotax 2 stroke engines sucked and they weren't going to ruin another trip for me. Now I'm back to having trips ruined but for "little" things that to some of you feel aren't such a big deal.
You don't need to defend yourself, some people don't wanna hear the truth. In 08 when my nytro was stock it might see around 100 miles outta a tank if you were not pushing any type of snow and weren't to the wick all day. If you were pushing snow you could take almost 20 miles off of that.
My Nytro though to this day has been trouble free other then ball joints and a arm bushings. Another 800 miles on the boost and the motor is still running like a top.
Haven't run into the 1200 yet in person but friends have one and reports are telling me it will not be faster then the Nytros but would be a good race. Depends on the setup I would imagine.

snownutz said:
there is no comparison between the power of the nytro and the 1200. Thought for sure skidoo would come out with the turbo to keep up. The nytro may not handle as well, which is questionable but after riding bolth I have to say the Nytro is the most fun sled I have ever rode. By the way 3500 miles and only have had the lower ball joints changed out.Hope I didn't jinks my self.lol

No comparison, what are you smoking, bottom end the Nytro has a bit more then the 1200 runs away from it. The 1200 has much better mid and top end power...I'm comparing it to an '09 XTX. I have yet to find an 800r doo that can beat my 1200 to 160km/h. And mine turned 3,000k today and so far it has only needed the reverse spring.

Not brand loyal @ all. This is the first Yamaha I've ever owned. Like I said before that you could have posted in a much different way. I believe you posted with intent. You could have simply posted you had a wire rubbed through & it stopped the machine, anyone else had this, or just to give you guys a heads up, etc, etc. You went on about your Doo saying how much better it was. This is a Yamaha forum where lots of guys bleed blue so the defence of their machines should be expected. I'm glad you like your product, that's what it's all about. I think set backs here or there are always gonna be part of recreation fun, that's just the nature of the beast. A lot less on a new machine but that never means you're totally in the clear. I'm done here. Be safe & ride hard! Peace.

I agree that the 7.4 gallon tank is a mistake on the Nytro. Glad to read about the Doo 1200.

Well put Blue. I don't know what some people are thinking. Maybe they are new to sledding or what but I bring tools with me. Lots of tools. I have had boggie wheels fall off, skis fall of, bumpers crushed and off, coolant lines sheared in half,(pissed in bottle for coolant), electrical shorts, unplugged wires, handlebar failure, and the list goes on. I like to hear about things to fix, look for, buy, and modify off this site. But to hear that your trip had to be modified, well that shocked me most of all. For in the thing we call snowmobiling nothing can ever goes wrong or weather conditions never change. You want to solve your problem well just go buy another 4-stroke ski doo and hear your wife (who has good taste I might add) bitch about how crappy it is or better yet just go rent. That way your plans never need a changen and you wont need tools, trailer, jack, spare, grease gun, pull straps, tie downs, blow torches and the other needed things this sport requires.

It comes down to this I have repaired my friends headlight that met it demise thanks to a broken tree branch, with a realtor sign from a gas station, $4 Wal-Mart knife, blow torch, and duct tape. My plans were altered just like they are on about 90% of the trips I take but I took care of business and fixed it and it was badass. Now I don't remember that entire trip but I will always remember the duct taped headlight memory. I want to say thank you to the real members that like their sleds and either make do with factory rides or modify to perfection. They make this site what it is, information and progression. If you can't hack it get out of the sport or quit complaining, especially about stupid wiring or lack of gas

I rode a 1200 doo. The motor did not have the throttle response of the Nytro IMO. It must be there if you fully nail it. But the fun factor of feeling that instant response was not there, like with the Nytro for me. I test rode a Etec 600 as well and it was even worse IMO.

To me both Doo's was like comparing a luxury car (doo) to a sports car. I'll take the Sports car.

XTX622Kane said:
Well put Blue. I don't know what some people are thinking. Maybe they are new to sledding or what but I bring tools with me. Lots of tools. I have had boggie wheels fall off, skis fall of, bumpers crushed and off, coolant lines sheared in half,(pissed in bottle for coolant), electrical shorts, unplugged wires, handlebar failure, and the list goes on. I like to hear about things to fix, look for, buy, and modify off this site. But to hear that your trip had to be modified, well that shocked me most of all. For in the thing we call snowmobiling nothing can ever goes wrong or weather conditions never change. You want to solve your problem well just go buy another 4-stroke ski doo and hear your wife (who has good taste I might add) bitch about how crappy it is or better yet just go rent. That way your plans never need a changen and you wont need tools, trailer, jack, spare, grease gun, pull straps, tie downs, blow torches and the other needed things this sport requires.

It comes down to this I have repaired my friends headlight that met it demise thanks to a broken tree branch, with a realtor sign from a gas station, $4 Wal-Mart knife, blow torch, and duct tape. My plans were altered just like they are on about 90% of the trips I take but I took care of business and fixed it and it was badass. Now I don't remember that entire trip but I will always remember the duct taped headlight memory. I want to say thank you to the real members that like their sleds and either make do with factory rides or modify to perfection. They make this site what it is, information and progression. If you can't hack it get out of the sport or quit complaining, especially about stupid wiring or lack of gas

I don't want to ever go riding with you Macgyver! You should start your own TV show! I don't want to fix sleds while I'm touring. Thats one of the reasons I went Yamaha back in 06. I perform all the proper preventative maintenance on all my sleds and for the most part we tour trouble free most times. This is only the third failure I've had in over twenty five trips up north. I don't expect to have breakdowns with my sleds, I've come to expect top notch reliability. I feel that things like wire and hose routing issues should be things of the past. Thats what I expect for 10 grand and I won't lower my expectations like some of you here have.

jds1000 thats what were trying to tell you it is a thing of the past and it is not a prevalent problem. Every sled manufacturer has it blips looks like you bought one and if thats the extent of your problems your lucky so go ride. You said it yourself 3 breakdowns in 25 trips thats pretty darn good I would not be complaining. Does your car ever break down? That costs you a lot more than 10 grand so go ride and enjoy your toys. :Rockon:

jds1000 said:
I don't know why I have to keep defending myself in this post? I'm just stating what happened to me and my wife on our trip. I don't know why everybody has to defend the Nytro short comings? The small tank sucks and until this trip it hasen't been an issue and if we had two Nytros we would have been in big trouble. Yes I'm a little pissed that my trip had to be modified because of a "little" wire problem but I take this trip only once a year and I look forward to it. I had a trip like this ruined back in 04 when my 800 Rev seized the engine. Thats when I switched to Yamaha because I felt that Rotax 2 stroke engines sucked and they weren't going to ruin another trip for me. Now I'm back to having trips ruined but for "little" things that to some of you feel aren't such a big deal.

I'm sure you have a siphon with you when on trips, don't you? Especially when you are aware of the small Nytro tank. Then you would have had nothing to worry about, even with 2 nytros in the situation you were in. There are other options also. The 10 gallon trail tank or the Yamaha accessory gas cans. The Nytro XTX will probably be my next sled, and I also hope Yamaha has a bigger stock tank then. If not I will buy the trail tank or extra gas cans from Yamaha. Even with bigger tanks, we always have a siphon with us. 17,050 miles on my 06 Attak, and never been stranded. But it can happen to any sled at any time. But I see it with other brands WAY more than Yamaha.

JDS Why don't you just take your skee-doo and go back to harcoresledder where you belong, always gotta stir stuff up don't you? and why don't you do some preventative maintainance on that thing...it's not as if you're always out grooming or something.

jds1000 said:
I perform all the proper preventative maintenance on all my sleds .
Except for the wiring harness bullitin?? You wouldnt be fighting with Yamaha USA if you would have taken care of this before heading up on such a long Canadian trip.
Im sure there are areas where the Doo is a better sled then the Nytro, but I will say the opposite stands true also.

Had to get my .02 cents in before this thread get "DogPiled"! ;):D

sg35 said:
JDS Why don't you just take your skee-doo and go back to harcoresledder where you belong, always gotta stir stuff up don't you? and why don't you do some preventative maintainance on that thing...it's not as if you're always out grooming or something.

I know I better get back to "wrenching"! My problem is I sold all my tools to the guy who bought my last Arctic Cat. Who would have thought I would need them on a Yamaha? :o|

Sno-Xr said:
jds1000 said:
I perform all the proper preventative maintenance on all my sleds .
Except for the wiring harness bullitin?? You wouldnt be fighting with Yamaha USA if you would have taken care of this before heading up on such a long Canadian trip.
Im sure there are areas where the Doo is a better sled then the Nytro, but I will say the opposite stands true also.

Had to get my .02 cents in before this thread get "DogPiled"! ;):D

I guess I don't spend enough time on TY to get all the updates on stuff for my sleds. I caught all the other stuff like new skis and ball joints and A arm bushings and bent sub frames and crappy handwarmers and driveshaft bearings and leaking chaincase gaskets and crappy suspension wheels and defective grease zerks and frozen relays and crappy exhaust donuts... I guess I just missed the wire harness bullitin :o|

Back