• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winder on its side ?

swampcat

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 S W LTX-GT
How long can a SideWinder lay on its side ? Like in taking out the rear skid,to pull shocks. Which side is best to rollover on. Have a handlebar stand so not worried about it rolling over on me.

No , not on your end. The sled might lay for a month by the time I get back to it. Read something about oil running out of the turbo bearings.
Maybe. Just let it sit upright and crank it over with kill switch engaged for a bit before starting.

Tip it on its left side. Can stay there more than long enough for me to get your shocks done:)
Toward the Oil tank correct? So left would be standing looking at the sled from in front. Thanks

Most of us change our oil every season. Just drain the oil now if you're worried about it. Then once your sled is back together this fall pour in the fresh oil then.

Thanks
I was under impression the oil would drain toward the engine/air box, so I asked I am thankful guys who know answer.

Mark, thats only for the Viper. All of your "Yamaha" sleds are the other way.
Thanks Dave I thought I was loosing my mind, its the VIPER I’m thinking of but good to know the Apex, Vector go Left

Thanks Dave I thought I was loosing my mind, its the VIPER I’m thinking of but good to know the Apex, Vector go Left

you mean right i hope.

Lets just talk clutch v. Oil tank side.
I was under the impression that i should only tip 4 strokes toward the oil tank (right if seated on Delta box Yamaha or Viper). I have now been informed that my Viper goes to the right(oil tank) and Apex/Vector to the clutch or left side. I must admit I never really tipped sleds on the side so didn’t really know or care. I am now considering a handle bar stand and am wondering which way to tip which sled.
Are the Winders different? Maybe that’s another confusing thing?

Back