• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX jack shaft bearings and seals- Help

MNBlizzard

Expert
I am trying to replace all bearings and have run into a couple hang ups. :o| First, how do I get the jack shaft and bearing out of the housing on the PTO side? Is it pressed in? I've tried pounding it towards the chain case but no luck yet.

Second, I was able pound the inside chain case bearing out using threaded rod and washers. However, It has a seal to keep the oil in the bulkhead. Which direction is the seal installed? Is the flush side towards the bearing face or the side with gap and spring? Do I install it prior to getting the bearing seated in the housing? I tried and it will not slip in.

So far all the other bearings have been manageable and pretty straight forward.

Jackshaft bearing is pressed in.

The gap/spring side goes against the bearing. Remove gas tank and you can easily install the seal from the backside.

Oh, and use heat.. a lot of heat, the bearings will pop right into positions.

Just buy a bearing puller, they're inexpense or make one.

Quick update- The bearing housing can be removed but it has to be removed out towards the clutch. I reinstalled the complete shaft and tightened down the housing screws and tapped it out from the chain case side. The shaft must be tapered. The bearing will not budge. I have a bearing puller and it will not pull it. I will have that bearing pressed off and the new one back on later today.

Back