• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Canada explains availability of the new accessories

GeorgianBayGuy

Extreme
Everyone;

This was emailed out this morning and explains the situation regarding new parts.

TRIC Ice Scratchers. Last year we introduced these flexible cable scratchers based on a version that has been sold by Yamaha in Europe for a number of years. What appeared to be quite simple on the surface turned out to be rather complex in the application. We made some running changes to reduce the amount of deflection in the cable which yielded satisfactory performance in the intended conditions. We still had deflection issues when the cables were operated at higher speeds or with too much pre-load. Over the summer we investigated multiple improvement ideas with our supplier and in the end, went with a fairly simple upgrade. We have added a ‘damper’ in the form of a hi-impact plastic tube to the cable and changed the crimp on the Babbitt to allow more radius. While we were at it, we standardized the hole size to accept common studs for greater selection and easier maintenance. We will be recommending the cable be taken out of play when not required (simply loosen the bolt and raise them up off the snow) and continue to advise against operation at sustained high speeds. The production has started and we will be shipping out well before Christmas.

The new Tuner, dual keel skis. These babies were tested last year and the design was approved. Production samples were received this fall and had to go through another round of approval which, after some minor delays, appears to have the green light. Production, if it hasn’t already commenced, will very shortly. The Tuner carbides come from another supplier and they are on-track for delivery. The catch in all this is the number of skis per week produced will be under 100 pieces, so it will take a bit of time to fulfill all the orders but we should be well on our way by Christmas.

The Yamaha Dupont super sliders. The impregnation of the Vespel chips into the hyfax material has presented a unique challenge for our supplier. Early samples were not able to meet our satisfaction and some tweaks to the new manufacturing process were required. The latest samples are looking really good and production is ramping up. Our supplier is even planning to add a shift to turn the orders around faster and these should be hitting our dealerships soon as well.

More good news, the Oil-Lite bushing kits for the front ends are arriving, we just need to get the installation instructions confirmed and they’re a go. Another decision was just made to offer a body kit for the FX Nytro that contains bright’ red-armor’ dipped side panels and hood. If you aren’t familiar with this, the plastic water dipping process has been used on our special edition ATV’s and the ‘red-armor’ was the most popular. The pricing looks like it will be quite reasonable and the quantities are limited so if you have banged up your sled or just want the custom look, you might keep an eye out for this one. I’ll post some more details when available.

Finally (and this is arriving this week), we have the tether actuated, roll-over switch which will cut-off the oil tank breather to avoid the loss of oil in the event you part ways with the sled during a bank turn or failed high-mark maneuver., not that that would ever happen to you …

I know this all sounds like a lot of hurry up and wait but it is never as simple as it seems on the surface. Prime time for new product announcements is September; fall trade shows, Hay Days, media events etc. afford the best opportunity to show and tell before the snow flies. We decided to roll the dice and announce our plans while still in the final phases of testing and production approvals. I know some guys are chomping at the bit to receive some of this stuff now that they know its coming but I think it is more important that we get it right. I forget the vintner who used the tag ‘we will serve no wine before it’s time’.

cheers cr

Thanks for the info. It's good that someone will just give us the straight scoop on what is going on. Then we can understand what is going on, and why we are having to wait for these acc.'s.

Will the instructions for busing install be available online? I guess it is a pretty straight forward swap but any help is better than none.

Re: Yamaha Canada explains availability of the new accessori

GeorgianBayGuy said:
Everyone;

This was emailed out this morning and explains the situation regarding new parts.

cheers cr

Thx GBGuy, just wanted to clarify, your quote was taken from my blog, the email only goes out to Sled Talk subscribers (similar to an RSS feed). I don't want our CR department getting calls on why 'I didn't get an email'. It wasn't a bulletin, just info I thought might help some guys.
I will post the bushing install instructions on the blog asap.
cheers cr

That ad was for Paul Masson wine Chris delivered by no other than Orsen Wells. No we are really dating ourselves.

CR. I am sorry about the slip of the tongue, letting the cats out of the bag, and dropping then ball. It was not my intention to scoop you or Yamaha Canada, rather I took it as great news that would be welcomed by everybody on this site who had been questioning availability of the new skis, sliders and scratchers. Further, it showed to me a company willing to communicate with it's hard core customers in an open, honest way as partners in the sport, not just seller and buyers. For me being kept in the loop is much better than in the dark.

Please accept my apologies.

No worries

GeorgianBayGuy said:
CR. I am sorry about the slip of the tongue, letting the cats out of the bag, and dropping then ball. It was not my intention to scoop you or Yamaha Canada, rather I took it as great news that would be welcomed by everybody on this site who had been questioning availability of the new skis, sliders and scratchers. Further, it showed to me a company willing to communicate with it's hard core customers in an open, honest way as partners in the sport, not just seller and buyers. For me being kept in the loop is much better than in the dark.

Please accept my apologies.

Hey GBG, no apology required at all. I always think its pretty cool whenever someone finds my ramblings interesting enough to share in another forum. I'm simply trying to avoid any unnecessary calls into our customer relations department. They hate it when I make work for them cheers cr LaLaLa

Love the info!

Thanks for great communication.
(Beats being treated like a mushroom. lol)

WoooHooo!!!

Can't wait for the new slides! :jump:

Rockmeister :-o

OK, I'm pretty fed up. Almost 2 moths after placing my order with a 50% deposit, for the new Du Pont sliders (Dec. 02), nothing.

I've talked to Yamaha's customer service department and my dealer on and off for the last 2 months. My ETA of Dec. 23 gone into the twilight zone. Talking to Yamaha this week I was told, 'supply is in tight because production takes longer than originally planned'.

Got to thinking that my dealer had forgotten to put in the order on time and we were now way down the allocation list, apparently not so. In talking with another dealer, and to the best of their knowledge, NONE have been delivered in Canada period. He thinks the USA is getting all of the production or it's going to dealers out west...not in Ontario.

So I'm confused. At the fall trade shows they are talking these things up big time. CR is mentioning them in his (wonderful) blog. They are (still) on the Yamaha website AND the customer service reps on the phone are telling us it's just a supply and demand problem. Hmmmmm. Don't thinks so.

If Apple can deliver 30 million phones in a single quarter, and Yamaha is getting away with charging me $16 for a lower unit oil screw (gasket another $1) for my 25 outboard, something is not right. As a customer with 4 yamaha products, who is in the import and distribution business, I find this level of service, I mean non service unacceptable. Further, just say we can't get them this season.

Yamaha, if you are reading this take away one message. Communicate with your customers, that's how you can grow the market.

Back