• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha SRX 120

I call BS on the re-badged z120, but if it is not a real poster that is one heck of a photo-shop job, maybe an award winning effort.......still it is strange yamaha would buy a chassis from cat. Any confirmation on the release time tomorrow? One would think they would have the official date/time on the website but I could not find anything.

After some cooling off i figure out how yamaha came up with this.Arctic cat will lose its engine contract with suzuki in 2014.So instead of letting the Z120 die(which had a suzuki motor to begin with) they decide to get a small motor from yamaha while in exchange yamaha gets a version of there own(they should off put a mini RX-1 hood on it).

Its real.
Look at it this way it is a Yamaha motor.I dont know if AC builds their 120 it could be built by some other unnamed company?

Either way this is definitely needed I cant tell you how many times parents have wanted to buy a Yamaha quad or whatever for their kid and the kid has steered them to Arctic Cat just because the kid has been riding a AC120 or Kitty Cat since before they can remember.At that point parents will buy the AC just to make the kid happy and why not since at the 90cc quad level performance is very equal among all the brands.

So now you have kids riding AC from before they can remember till they can handle a full size machine and guess what the kids themselves buy at that point.A kid does not care who makes what they ride in the beginning but they definitely remember if it was fun and eventually remember what brand it is.Watch any kid on any of the 120's and there is no denying they have a BLAST on them!This leads to them buying that brand.We NEED that brand to be Yamaha.This shouldnt be embarrassing.Think of the Yamaha owning parents who had to give their kids a green yellow or red sled.Thats embarrassing.

SRX 120 .... Serious downgrade from the Sno Sport from 20 years ago ....
hope they have something else under that tarp other than a roll of Hello Kitty stickers!

My kids are riding a xc120 I would love them to ride a yamaha ....they ride it every day. We had a 2 hour delay do they rode it today before school..l would love a 3/4 sled from. Yamaha if not I will get a Indy lite for the older one to ride next year

They could of easily and I mean easily made a real yamaha 120 especially if the engine was already done. If they really did do this I see it as a mistake IMHO.

I don't think the Cat 120 is even made by cat in the first place. The SHOULD have done something a bit different with the hood though. At least they shouldn't get booted at the kiddie races being the same exact sled in a different color. Who know, maybe Yamaha is planning on taking over Arctic Cat?

Back