• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zbroz New front end installed!

LSXM3

Expert
So I just installed my new Zbroz +1 43" A-arm kit and my initial pre ride impressions are WOW this kits fit and finish is among the best I have seen in the industry, and the Wrinkle black powder coating is a perfect match to the factory plastics. Once it snows here in MN I will be sure to get back to every one on the ride improvement over last years stock wore out set up!

At the same time I did the install I also did a complete shock rebuild, OFT 8" wheel 136" extension, OFT relocator, All new tie rod ends, new track, Update on broken drive shaft bolt, and converted the sled from blue and black to all white and black. I will update with pictures next week for all to see, as i have had zero time to even take the pictures as of late.

The Zbros products are pretty nice. I got to look one over and it appeared to be very beefy and nicely finished. I'm not convinced the geometry changes will correct everything wrong with the Nytro but I'm reserving final judgement.

Here are some pics of my sled. Note I had the a-arms sent to me raw so I could have them powder coated to match the front bumper. Looking for snow so I can put some miles on to hopefully find out that the kit was worth the $$$!
Not happy with the left spindle that arrived scratched! Also the very poor customer service with lack of reply from their web site...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Attachments

• DSC00620.JPG
    DSC00620.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC00617.JPG
    DSC00617.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC00621.JPG
    DSC00621.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC00622.JPG
    DSC00622.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 239
Thanks bottlerocket & berge75! I think that I would be living in the dog house for awhile if I added the EXIT Shocks this year...maybe next??? $5K in upgrades is enough for this year.
Once I get all the panels put back on I will take some more pics.

if you ride the nytro like it's supposed to be rode,then, and i can't tell by your pictures if it's done or not,it would be highly advised to drill the spindle bolts and put safety cotter pins on so you don't loose the nuts.

Thanks multi sled... Red threadlock was used but I am not sure if the top bolt is long enough for the hole to be drilled. Here are pics of the right and left inner spindles.

Attachments

• DSC00629.JPG
    DSC00629.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC00630.JPG
    DSC00630.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 209
Man that does look good, kinda sucks that you have to wait to ride it though. I got the same bumper on mine, Isn't that top bolt a pain to get in? I was thinking of just drilling a hole to pass the socket through so I didn't have to bend the plastic back so far. ;)!

Blu2u2 One of my spindles had a small nick in it too when i got them must be the way they are packaged when shipping. I also wish i could do the exit shocks this year but i dont want to be sleeping in the dog house after every ride.

So did you put the spacers on the rear or the front and what other mods did you do?

Ulmer's 180 turbo, Excell wheels, led lights, OFT rollover kit, front bumper, and blue snow flap.

My dealer did the Zbros install so I am not sure about the spacers question.

the top one isn't as critical but the bottom one it is absoulutely imperative that it doesn't lose the nut.i can tell you for a fact that it's not a good deal.for the record i used red locktight on mine too.

multi sled said:
the top one isn't as critical but the bottom one it is absoulutely imperative that it doesn't lose the nut.i can tell you for a fact that it's not a good deal.for the record i used red locktight on mine too.

You are correct! On the last ride of the season I had the bottom nut come off on me. Thankfully it happened just before I was getting on a lake. I was only going about 30 MPH. Once the nut came off my right ski flip and I went off the trail. If I was going faster I am sure the sled would have barrel- rolled on me.

My kit is now for sale since I am parting out my sled. Sorry to say but after too many issues I am going green for this year.

Attachments

• P1020886.JPG
    P1020886.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 208
LSXM3 said:
So I just installed my new Zbroz +1 43" A-arm kit and my initial pre ride impressions are WOW this kits fit and finish is among the best I have seen in the industry, and the Wrinkle black powder coating is a perfect match to the factory plastics. Once it snows here in MN I will be sure to get back to every one on the ride improvement over last years stock wore out set up!

What's your impression now after riding with this front end fo a while? Improvements, issues etc?

Is this the very same kit they offer this season? No changes made to 12/13?

Is it possible to adjust ski stance by shifting spacers in/ouside of spindles?

Thanks.

Back