• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zx2 with a megafloat

Heritage

Expert
Anybody else think this might work??? Replace the two
side by side shocks with one big air shock (megaflloat)??

If not...wouldnt it be cool if yami made a plastic mono with a megafloat?

I really like the idea of a composite Mono shock suspension. It would be stronger, lighter, and more durable than the current steel arms No need for the beef up kit or pc then, of course.

I'm assuming you'd have to stick with the aluminum rails tho.....

Super Sled said:
I really like the idea of a composite Mono shock suspension. It would be stronger, lighter, and more durable than the current steel arms No need for the beef up kit or pc then, of course.

I'm assuming you'd have to stick with the aluminum rails tho.....
No you wouldnt...check out the zx2..plastic rails too.
The weight savings alone is worth it.

You can already replace the ZX2 shocks with floats, the CtC lines up well with some standard fox shocks. Problem is the shocks probably wont hold up being designed for front suspension in the rear.

They would save about 6lbs so not worth it to me when the ZX2 works sood.

Ditch the mono and get the ZX2 and you will forgot all about the mono.

Your prob right, Mr Kinger. The ZX2 sounds really good. But Ive never set back a suspension/ retro fitted another skid into a sled and wouldn't know how...

So I'll keep working to improve the mono!

:)

Super Sled said:
Your prob right, Mr Kinger. The ZX2 sounds really good. But Ive never set back a suspension/ retro fitted another skid into a sled and wouldn't know how...

I didn't know how when I did my ZX2 either. Very simple job as it comes with the templates. Kind of a plug and play deal.

Sasquatch said:
Super Sled said:

I didn't know how when I did my ZX2 either. Very simple job as it comes with the templates. Kind of a plug and play deal.

x2. When I did my ZX2 I was surprised at how easy it really was.

Anyone who can read a measuring device and drill some holes can do an aftermarket or retro another brands skid. Patience and double checking layout is the key! I've done 4 swaps now and each is easier than the last. A good square, centerpunch, sharp drills and an air riveter are the most basic set of tools you'll need. AND, ya' got the TY gurus to ask questions of while you're working on it !!

Sasquatch said:
Super Sled said:

Is it really that easy?

Super Sled said:
Sasquatch said:
Super Sled said:

Is it really that easy?

Yep. The mounting plates have predrilled holes for the rivets and mount holes. They also have holes that line up with the stock mounting holes. Using the stock mounting holes and some bolts that they supply you bolt the mount plate inside the tunnel. Then using the rivet and mount holes in the mountinbg plate as a guide you drill them thru the tunnel. Once all the holes are drilled you rivet it all together. After that you just remove the bolts that you installed in the first step and mount your new skid.

Back