• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 nytro skip

sprintcat

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx
Need help . have about 220 miles on new sled 2009 xtx the thing ran fine.
the last 20 or 30 mile it started to skip when I took off 4 or 5 skips .
now it seems to do it all of the time . any input . has this been an issue for anybody else ? Thanks Paul :o|

Tighten your track. It's normal for a track to stretch. I did this myself just yesterday.

Yes that to. but it's a fuel or spark skip.I ordered transfer blocks from Hauck today and what i explained to them they said it was normal. they said it was a lean condition.it only skips when you first hammer down.
thanks

Maybe check to see if your throttle cable is out of spec. It could be a TORS related issue.

When it skips does the yellow warning light on the dash come on and then a little picture of a motor flashes on the display? If it does, then it's the TORS kicking it and as Grimm said you need to adjust the throttle cable. If not, then this sounds like something else.

No light guys, that I saw . and I can't check it out until I get back up to Maine. I think it might have to be under a load to make it skip. no body else
has had this problem ? :o|

mine has a funny little pop once in a while at just a certain rpm and mph,it has to do with the engine breaking reduction system,come all the way to a stop and get on the throttle kinda hard and it doesnt do it,coast down to about 10mph crossing a rd and try to ease into the gas and my funny little pop shows up every once in a while,normal is what ive been told by 3 dealers

Back