• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016-17 Apex Track Noise

Gyukonrick1

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha Venture TF
Can anyone who has a new Apex tell me if they still have the high frequency track noise that so many Yamaha sleds are plagued with? My 2016 Venture had it as well as the VK Pro II.
I know some of the newer sleds built by Arctic Cat have the quiet track like the 2016 and up Viper. I am wondering about the Apex?.
Thanks

Wrong. Track noise is inevitable but not this deafening howl. Yamaha makes a good overall sled and I am in the market for a new one but I will definitely not buy a sled with this drone noise. Was wondering if Yamaha addressed it with 2017 sleds. Some have the quiet tracks.
Anyone who cruises at low speeds with their machine will likely hate their ride with this dreadful "howl" from the tracl. I have been operating sleds for 40 years, both 2 and 4 strokes and this noise is awful.

In short Yami hasn't addressed the drone in the Apex...I heard somewhat but not gone... I got use to it... maybe a better insulated helmet will help.. If I was you I would calm down and take demo rides at the demo days across the USA.. Find a machine that doesn't have the drone noise..

The noise on my apex about 30 to 40 is not good. But the wind noise on any of my sport bikes is a lot worse. I have to wear ear plugs to tolerate a long hwy drive.
So to me the apex is not so bad.

I'm 68 yrs old now... have ridden the Attak now for 10 yrs..love the drone... or at least the beauty of the machine over rides it..

It is still there.....foam earplugs.

How can you hear the track noise over the engine drone at 30??..push the fipper down solves the drone problem.lol

2015 Apex XTX w/415 miles, harmonics between 31-39 mph.....Slight tip over on lower left panel for 3 sec causing oil to drain back into tank and causing limp mode for 24 hrs before pump reseals is a problemmmmmm........

2015 Apex XTX w/415 miles, harmonics between 31-39 mph.....Slight tip over on lower left panel for 3 sec causing oil to drain back into tank and causing limp mode for 24 hrs before pump reseals is a problemmmmmm........

I tipped over this past month on the left panel..the Attak ran for about 5 seconds or so until it shut off.. tipped it back up and after about 5 min started and ran fine for the rest of the day..

I tipped over this past month on the left panel..the Attak ran for about 5 seconds or so until it shut off.. tipped it back up and after about 5 min started and ran fine for the rest of the day..
I see, I called Yamaha to ask why this is not mentioned in the owners manual. Neilsons Enterprises shop guy stated its not even mentioned in service manual??? found that a bit strange. I may try to duplicate condition and see what happens and if it takes all nite again probably put in a work order to headquarters and get it looked at local Highlands dealer...

Didn't mean to hijack thread, any work around to the drone noise, maybe something needs to be trued up in drivetrain or dampened, I run track very loose...

Can anyone who has a new Apex tell me if they still have the high frequency track noise that so many Yamaha sleds are plagued with? My 2016 Venture had it as well as the VK Pro II.
I know some of the newer sleds built by Arctic Cat have the quiet track like the 2016 and up Viper. I am wondering about the Apex?.
Thanks
When I went to a back country track, track noise gone.

Back